Steam is software that enables the users to explore and enjoy the ultimate games on PC. The features are excellent and most of the users admired the same. But, if accidentally you have deleted steamui.dll file, then you may face “Failed to Load Steamui.dll” Steam fatal error. The DLL file is the prime reason behind the issue and other possible reasons are the outdated device driver, hardware failure and attack of virus.
What is steamui.dll file?
Steamui.dll file is created by Valve Corporation and related to SteamUI Dynamic Link Library. Basically it is required for the smooth and proper functioning of all your programs and services. So if it is missing or corrupted then your programs may not run properly.
Ways to encounter “Failed to Load steamui.dll”
There are various ways that steamui.dll errors can pop up on your computer. However, these are some of the most common ways that you might face steamui.dll errors:
- Steamui.dll Not Found
- Cannot find [PATH]\steamui.dll
- The file steamui.dll is missing.
- Failed to load steamui.dll
- This application failed to start because steamui.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: steamui.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
Why the error “Failed to Load steamui.dll” occurs?
Many users reported, that the Steam failed to load steamui.dll error may affect any programs that require the file. The most common reason behind this error is missing or corrupt Stamui.dll file. However, there are other reasons behind this error such as:
- Outdated device driver.
- Accidentally deleted the steamui.dll file.
- Hardware failure.
- Virus or Malware infection.
Fix Steam Failed To Load Steamui.dll Error
We have seen the possible causes for this error. So, if you are looking for an effective solution of Steam fatal error failed to load steam.dll, then you have landed at the right place. Here, you will get the best and efficient methods to resolve the Steam fatal error. Now, go through the solutions and apply the prescribed methods carefully.:
Restore the Missing Steamui.dll File
If you have deleted the steamui.dll file accidentally then this method is worth to choose.
- The easiest and quickest way is to restore the desired file from the Recycle Bin. Open the Recycle Bin on your desktop, and right-click the deleted file and choose Restore.
- However, if you have emptied the Recycle Bin then you need to use recovery software as per your choice.
Delete steamui.dll and libswscale-4.dll file
It is possible that steamui.dll and libswscale-4.dll file are located at the root of the installation path and you will have to delete the file so that the Steam will be forced to install the same file. Now, follow the steps listed below.
- Select Steam from your desktop, right-click on it and then choose Properties option.
- Thereafter, the Steam properties window will open and you need to click on the Shortcut tab located at the top of the window.
- Now click on Open File Location that is listed at the bottom of the window that will direct you to the folder path.
- After reaching the folder, navigate for steamui.dll and libswscale-4.dll file, select them and further press the Shift and Delete button together to erase the file from your PC.
- After completing the above task, close the folder and launch Steam.
Delete Beta File and Change your file to Public Release version
Steam was launched in various versions and one such is the Beta version. The features are good, but the error unable to load steam.dll mostly comes in Beta version and deleting the same will bring back to the public release version. Now, follow the steps to accomplish the task.
- Select Steam from your desktop, right-click on it and then click on Properties.
- Soon, a pop-up window will open and here you need to click on the Shortcut tab located at the top of the window.
- Now, click on Open File Location that is located at the bottom of the window.
- The above step will take you to the folder directory where you will get various files of the Steam, navigate for the Package and then select it.
- After entering into the Package folder, if you will get the beta file then your job is to delete it and then launch the Steam. However, if you didn’t find such a file, it means you are accessing the public release version of Steam.
Wipeout Download Cache of Steam
- Launch Steam.
- Now click on the steam tab located at the top of the window and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- At the left panel of the settings, you will find a Download button, click on it.
- Now, click on Clear Download Cache that is located at the bottom of the window.
- Thereafter, you will be asked for the confirmation and you must click on the OK button.
- After completing the above step, restart your PC to apply the changes.
Re-register the Steamui.dll File
This error can be fixed by Re-registering Steamui.dll file. This may create risks, so it is recommended to make a backup of the partition with the Steam folder before proceeding.
- Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the command regsvr32 steamui.dll in the command prompt and hit Enter.
- Restart your computer and check for the error.
Uninstall and Reinstall Steam
If you have encountered Steam fatal error failed to load steam.dll amid launching the Steam, then you must reinstall Steam. But before that, you must possess a copy of Steam, so that you can install it after uninstalling the previous version. However, if you don’t have, then you can download it from the web and here you will get all the steps for this method.
- Press the Start button, type Control Panel in the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- Soon, you will be directed to the Control Panel page and here you need to click on Uninstall a Program that is located beneath the Program section.
- Now, select Steam from the featured list and then click on the Uninstall button that is located at the top of the window.
- After uninstalling Steam, close the Control Panel window.
- Now, launch the web and move to the official website of the Steam by clicking on the link https://store.steampowered.com/about/.
- After reaching the home page of the Steam, select the latest version and then click on the Install Steam button.
- Once the downloading is completed, you need to install the same by clicking on the downloaded file.
Copy the steamui.dll file from another PC
If none of the above methods worked for you then you can copy the steamui.dll file form another computer. Before proceeding to this please ensure that both the system should have the same configurations.
- Press the Windows+E keys to open the File Explorer.
- Now head to C:\Windows\System32, then type steamui.dll and press Enter. You will get the Steam folder.
- It may show no results, then go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and search steamui.dll.
- Copy the steamui.dll file and paste it into the same location in your personal computer as to where you have copied the file.
- Restart the computer and check for the error.
Update Device driver
Most of the time, the outdated driver gives a lot of trouble and among the probable reason behind the issue Steam Failed to Load Steamui.dll, the outdated driver has its own role. So, to fix this issue, you must update the Display driver and the process for the same is provided below.
- Press the Windows logo and X keys together to get the shortcut menu near the Start button. However, if you didn’t get the menu, then move your cursor to the Start menu and then right-click on it.
- After getting the menu, navigate for Device Manager and then click on it.
- Thereafter, you will be directed to the Device Manager window and here you need to select Display Adapter and then double-click on it to get the list of drivers.
- Now, select your device driver and then double click on it.
- Soon, a new window will open and you need to click on the Driver tab that is located at the top of the menu. And then click on the Update Driver button.
- After that, you will get a means to update the driver and it is always recommended to choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now, wait for some time and allow Windows OS to accomplish the task.
Use System Restore Point
Undo the recent changes by using system restore if you created a System Restore point.
- Open the Control Panel and set the View by as Category and click System and Security.
- Click the System tab.
- On the left panel select System Protection
- Then open the System Properties window and click on System Restore.
- Check the option Show more restore points. Select the preferred Restore point in the list and click the Next button.
- Click Finish to confirm the restore action.
- Once you have restored the system to an earlier state check for the error.
Scan your PC through Windows Defender
- Press Windows+I keys together to open the Windows Settings and click on the Update & Security icon.
- At the left panel of the settings, you will find Windows Security, click on it.
- Thereafter, you will be directed to another window and here you need to select Virus & threat protection option.
- Soon, a new pop-up window will appear on your screen and you should click on Scan options.
- Now, select Full Scan and then click on the Scan Now button.
- After completing the task, wait for a while as Windows Defender will take some time to remove the viruses.
So, these were the efficient solutions against Steam fatal error. Let’s know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates on errors related to Windows, macOS and Android. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our Facebook page.