Steam is software that enables the users to explore and enjoy the ultimate games on PC. The features are excellent and most of the users admired the same. But, if accidentally you have deleted steamui.dll file, then you may face “Failed to Load Steamui.dll” Steam fatal error. The DLL file is the prime reason behind the issue and other possible reasons are the outdated device driver, hardware failure and attack of virus.
Get an efficient way to fix steam fatal error failed to load steamui.dll
So, if you are looking for an effective solution of Steam fatal error failed to load steam.dll, then you have landed at the right place. Here, you will get the best and efficient methods to resolve the Steam fatal error. Now, go through the solutions and apply the prescribed methods carefully.
Solutions to fix Steam Failed to Load Steamui.dll Error
1] Force Steam to replace steamui.dll and libswscale-4.dll file
It is possible that steamui.dll and libswscale-4.dll file are located at the root of the installation path and you will have to delete the file so that the Steam will be forced to install the same file. Now, follow the steps listed below.
- Select Steam from your desktop, right-click on it and then choose Properties option.
- Thereafter, the Steam properties window will open and you need to click on the Shortcut tab located at the top of the window.
- Now click on Open File Location that is listed at the bottom of the window that will direct you to the folder path.
- After reaching the folder, navigate for steamui.dll and libswscale-4.dll file, select them and further press the Shift and Delete button together to erase the file from your PC.
- After completing the above task, close the folder and launch Steam.
2] Delete Beta File
Steam was launched in various versions and one such is the Beta version. The features are good, but the error unable to load steam.dll mostly comes in Beta version and deleting the same will bring back to the public release version. Now, follow the steps to accomplish the task.
- Select Steam from your desktop, right-click on it and then click on Properties.
- Soon, a pop-up window will open and here you need to click on the Shortcut tab located at the top of the window.
- Now, click on Open File Location that is located at the bottom of the window.
- The above step will take you to the folder directory where you will get various files of the Steam, navigate for the Package and then select it.
- After entering into the Package folder, you will get the beta file and your job is to delete it and then launch the Steam. However, if you didn’t find such a file, it means you are accessing the public release version of Steam.
3] Wipeout Download Cache of Steam
- Launch Steam.
- Now click on the steam tab located at the top of the window and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- At the left panel of the settings, you will find a Download button, click on it.
- Now, click on Clear Download Cache that is located at the bottom of the window.
- Thereafter, you will be asked for the confirmation and you must click on the OK button.
- After completing the above step, restart your PC to apply the changes.
4] Reinstall Steam
If you have encountered Steam fatal error failed to load steam.dll amid launching the Steam, then you must reinstall Steam. But before that, you must possess a copy of Steam, so that you can install it after uninstalling the previous version. However, if you don’t have, then you can download it from the web and here you will get all the steps for this method.
- Press the Start button, type Control Panel in the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- Soon, you will be directed to the Control Panel page and here you need to click on Uninstall a Program that is located beneath the Program section.
- Now, select Steam from the featured list and then click on the Uninstall button that is located at the top of the window.
- After uninstalling Steam, close the Control Panel window.
- Now, launch the web and move to the official website of the Steam by clicking on the link https://store.steampowered.com/about/.
- After reaching the home page of the Steam, select the latest version and then click on the Install Steam button.
- Once the downloading is completed, you need to install the same by clicking on the downloaded file.
5] Update Device driver
Most of the time, the outdated driver gives a lot of trouble and among the probable reason behind the issue Steam Failed to Load Steamui.dll, the outdated driver has its own role. So, to fix this issue, you must update the Display driver and the process for the same is provided below.
- Press the Windows logo and X keys together to get the shortcut menu near the Start button. However, if you didn’t get the menu, then move your cursor to the Start menu and then right-click on it.
- After getting the menu, navigate for Device Manager and then click on it.
- Thereafter, you will be directed to the Device Manager window and here you need to select Display Adapter and then double-click on it to get the list of drivers.
- Now, select your device driver and then double click on it.
- Soon, a new window will open and you need to click on the Driver tab that is located at the top of the menu.
- Now, click on the Update Driver button.
- After that, you will get a means to update the driver and it is always recommended to choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now, wait for some time and allow Windows OS to accomplish the task.
6] Scan your PC through Windows Defender
- Press Win Logo and I key together to open the windows Settings.
- Now, click on the Update & Security icon.
- At the left panel of the settings, you will find Windows Security, click on it.
- Thereafter, you will be directed to another window and here you need to select Virus & threat protection option.
- Soon, a new pop-up window will appear on your screen and you should click on Scan options.
- Now, select Full Scan and then click on the Scan Now button.
- After completing the task, wait for a while as Windows Defender will take some time to remove the viruses.
So, these were the efficient solutions against Steam fatal error. However, if you need any assistance amid resolving the issue, then feel free to ask by posting in the comment box. We will help you to get rid of the issue.