Windows 10 is an amazing and outstanding Operating System designed and developed by Microsoft Inc. The features are excellent and the same are highly applauded by the users. Despite that, some users reported an issue ‘Error 1068 on Windows 10’ and due to this error, they failed to run the Internet Sharing Wizard. So, if you are also facing the same issue, then go through the solution listed beneath.
- 1 Why the ‘Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start’ appear on the page?
- 1.1 What are the troubleshooting steps to fix Windows Error 1068?
- 2 Conclusion
Why the ‘Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start’ appear on the page?
Before heading towards the solution, let’s have a quick glance of Windows error 1068. Generally, this issue arises when you try to connect your computer through a wireless network. The causes are multiple, maybe Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) failed to perform the operation in the registry or might be WLAN is configured incorrectly.
What are the troubleshooting steps to fix Windows Error 1068?
There are few advanced solutions which will resolve ‘Error 1068 on Windows 10’ issue and the same are listed below. You just need to go through the steps and execute them effectively.
1. Edit DHCP in the Registry Editor to fix Error 1068 on Windows 10
- Press Windows key and ‘R’ key together to open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Type ‘regedit’ in the box and click on ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, a confirmation message will appear on your computer screen, click on ‘Yes’ and proceed further.
- After confirming the action, a new window will open and it will show a lot of options. So, the first start with the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and the same is located at the left-side panel.
- Now, click on the arrow button to expand the features of ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE’.
- Select ‘SYSTEM’ from the featured option and further click on the arrow button to expand its features.
- In the sub-category of ‘SYSTEM’, you will get a few options and your task is to select ‘CurrentControlSet’.
- Now, expand CurrentControlSet by clicking on the arrow button.
- Select ‘Services’ from the category list of ‘CurrentControlSet’.
- In the ‘Services’ section, you will find a lot of options, navigate for ‘DHCP’ and then right-click on it.
- Look into the right side of the panel and it is filled with few files and your job is to explore the DependOnService file and after finding the same, double-click on it.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear with three files in the panel, delete all the files except the ‘Afd’ file.
- Now, close the registry editor and then restart your computer.
2. How to Update Network Adapter to fix Error 1068 on Windows 10
The cause for an ‘Error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start’ may be corrupt or missing network driver. So, you must update the driver to fix an issue and for your solace, the detailed steps are listed beneath.
- First and foremost, hover your mouse cursor to the ‘Start’ menu and right-click on it.
- Soon, you will find the list of application and your job is to click on ‘Device Manager’.
- After that, a new window will appear on your computer screen and it will show various options.
- Move down to the ‘Network Adapter’ section.
- Now, click on the arrow button to expand its category and then select the relevant network Driver.
- After selecting the Network Driver, right-click on it to get the drop-down menu and then click on ‘Update Driver’.
3. Restart WLAN AutoConfig from Services
Sometimes, improper configuration of WLAN led to an error 1068 on Windows 10. So, make sure WLAN is properly configured and for the same, you can restart WLAN AutoConfig from the ‘Services’ section of Windows 10. Well, the process is quite simple and for the execution, you don’t have to be tech-savvy.
- First of all, open ‘Run’ dialog box and for the same, press the Windows key and ‘R’ key together.
- Now, type ‘services.msc’ in the box and click on ‘OK’ button.
- Soon, you will find a new window which will show the services files.
- Now, navigate for ‘WLAN AutoConfig’.
- After getting WLAN AutoConfig, right-click on it and then select ‘Restart’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Wait, the process is yet not over. After completing the above task, double-click on ‘WLAN AutoConfig’ and from the featured window; select ‘Automatic’ option from the ‘Startup type’.
- Now, click on the ‘Apply’ button and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
- That’s it, to apply the changes you will have to restart your computer.
4. Access Network Utility to troubleshoot the error 1068 on Windows 10
Windows 10 offers an inbuilt feature to troubleshoot the errors and for this issue, you can use the ‘Network Diagnostic’ tool. The tool is quite effective and it will resolve the above-said issue. The method for the same is listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and then hit ‘Enter’.
- In the Control Panel page, you will find an option ‘view by’ located at the top of the page, click on it and select ‘Large view’.
- Thereafter, entire Windows features will appear on your screen, navigate for ‘Troubleshooting’.
- Get access into the ‘troubleshooting’ section by clicking on it and then select ‘Network and Internet’ from the featured options.
- Thereafter, a new window will open, click on ‘Advanced’ located at the bottom of the page.
- After clicking on the ‘Advanced’ button, you will find an option ‘run as administrator, click on it and make sure to click on the checkbox Apply repairs automatically.
- Now, click on the ‘Next’ button and then follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the Windows 10 error 1068. Make sure to complete the task and then restart your computer.
That’s it; you are all done. However, if you stuck amid the steps then don’t get annoyed. We are here to assist you so you can contact us anytime for the effective solution. Being a leading tech support firm, we believe to offer the utmost solution to the users so that they can access the Operating System without any interruption. Our geeks are specialized in this domain and thus resolve issues in a quick span of time. Hence, stay tuned and enjoy the salient features of Windows 10.