Google Chrome is one of the most advanced browsers launched by Google and the features of the same are best in par. However, if in case you find ‘err_network_changed chrome’ amid browsing, need not worry. In this guide, I will tell you how to fix this error. Keep reading!
What is Err_Network_Changed Error?
If you are getting this error message in the Chrome browser then it means that either your internet connection or Chrome is preventing the webpage to load and the network is interrupted. These error messages can be encountered during this error:
Unable to Access the Network
Your connection was interrupted
A Network Change was detected
Check your internet connection
Well, the issue is common and you can resolve it in a quick period.
Why the Err_Network_Changed Chrome Error occurs?
Here I have listed some reasons behind this error such as:
- Problematic tools used to tunnel the network connection.
- Any change in DNS settings
- The conflict caused by Third-party software
How to fix Network Error?
Restart your Modem or Router
Though it is the troubleshooting step to fix this error. However, some users have reported that even this step had helped them in fixing the network error. To do so just push the power button to Off in your router or modem. Wait for some time and again Switch-On the Router or Modem. This will restart your router or modem and check for the error.
Access to Google DNS
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Control panel’ in the search bar and then press the ‘Enter’ key. You can also press Win+X+P keys together to open the Control Panel quickly.
- A control panel page will appear with several options, click on ‘Network and Internet’.
- Thereafter, few options of Network and Internet will appear on the screen, click on the ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- In the Network and Sharing page, you will find ‘change adapter settings’ at the left end of the page, click on it.
- Now select your Wi-Fi, right-click on it and then choose ‘Properties’ from the drop-down list.
- After that, a new window will appear on the screen which will feature Wi-Fi properties, select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) by clicking on the checkbox and further click on the ‘Properties’ button located at the bottom of the page.
- Soon, a new pop-up window will appear on the screen which will ask for the DNS address, make sure ‘obtain an IP address automatically’ is selected and after that click on the box ‘Use the following IP address’ and enter 8.8.8 in the ‘Preferred DNS Server and 220.127.116.11 in the ‘Alternate DNS Server box’.
- Make sure to click on the checkbox ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then hit the OK
- Now close the window and restart your computer.
Uncheck Proxy Server
- Press the Windows and R keys together to launch the ‘Run’ box.
- Type ‘inetcpl.cpl’ in the box and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, the Internet properties page will open and you need to select the ‘LAN settings’ which is located at the bottom of the page inside the Connections.
- In the LAN settings page, you will find the Proxy server section; click on the checkbox ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’.
- Now click on the OK button to resolve the Err_Network_Changed issue.
Flush the DNS using the command prompt
- Press the ‘Start’ button and then type ‘CMD’ in the search bar. Soon you will get the search result, select ‘CMD’, right-click on it and then choose ‘Run as administrator’. You can directly open Command Prompt by pressing Win+X+A keys together.
- Now type ‘ipconfig/flushdns’ in the command box and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
Clear Browsing Data
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Select ‘More tools’ from the drop-down list and further click on ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Soon a new window will open, click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Check all the boxes featured in the pop-up window.
- Make sure to select ‘All-time’ from the ‘Time range’.
- Now click on ‘Clear data’ to wipe out the history, cookies, and caches of Chrome.
If you want to know the detailed description of the cached data and how to clear this? We have a step by step guide for this.
This is simple to execute solution to fix this error. To reset TCP/IP follow these steps:
- Open Command Prompt and right-click on it to choose Run as administrator.
- In the command prompt window type netsh int ip set dns and press Enter.
- Again go to the command prompt window and type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
Reinstall Network Driver
- Move your cursor to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and then choose ‘Device Manager’ from the list. You can also use the short keys Win+X+M to open Device Manager quickly.
- Thereafter, a Device Manager page will open and you need to navigate for ‘Network Adapter’. After that select ‘Network Adapter’ and then click on the ‘arrow’ key located at the left side of the network adapter and this will provide you with the list of drivers.
- Select Network driver, right-click on it and further click on ‘Uninstall’.
- If the confirmation will be asked, then click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- After finishing the process, restart your computer.
- That’s it; your job is done and once your computer start, Windows will install the network driver automatically.
Turn off Wi-Fi
Flickering is quite common in a wired or wireless network and due to the same, the Err_Network_Changed issue arises, so you must turn off the Wi-Fi and if using the LAN, then remove the cable from the router. However, if you are accessing a Wi-Fi network and need to know about the procedure to turn it off, then follow the steps listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and further click on the ‘settings’ icon which is located just above the power menu.
- This will direct you to the ‘Settings’ page and here you need to select ‘Network and Internet’.
- Thereafter, a status page will appear and it will show the Network properties and at the left end of the page, you will get additional options, click on ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Now toggle the Wi-Fi radio button in off mode.
- Wait for sometimes and then turn Wi-Fi in ON mode and after that connects your Internet.
Hence, these were effective solutions against the issue ‘Err_Network_Changed’. However, if you need any assistance or need to resolve your query, then post in the comment box. Our techies will get back on you and will resolve the issue in a quick time.