Are you facing a black screen with cursor on it? If yes, you are in the right place. Some may get a Windows black screen with cursor after login. To fix Windows 10 black screen with cursor, you can get the best solution here. Continue Reading!
Computer black screen with cursor Windows 10 or computer black screen with cursor Windows 10 is well-known as the Black screen of death (KSOD). In such situations, the Windows operating system loads the shell. If the shell goes damaged, permissions changes, or corrupted, then Windows loading the shell is impossible. The main reason for the black screen with the cursor is due to the corrupt VGA driver or boot environment corruption.
The best thing to know is that Windows 10 black screen with cursor or Windows 7 black screen with the cursor is related to software. So you can clear the issue following our solutions below.
- 1 Instances: Windows 8, 7 or Windows 10 black screen with cursor
- 1.1 Simple Tip: Try Before Going through Solution section
- 1.2 How to Fix Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 black screen with cursor
- 2 Closing Thoughts: Computer black screen with cursor
Instances: Windows 8, 7 or Windows 10 black screen with cursor
In the below instances, you may face the Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 black screen with a cursor.
- After signing or before signing in to your Windows Operating system, you may face the issue.
- You may see the spinning dots with a black screen. It also comes under the same issue, you need to follow the same solutions given here.
- While setting up also you may come across the same issue.
- During performing an upgrade, you may also face a black screen with a cursor.
Simple Tip: Try Before Going through Solution section
You can try the below simple step to fix the Windows black screen with cursor after login or any other issue like Windows 10 black screen with the cursor.
Mainly it works for the Windows 10, 8, 8.1
- The steps are useful for laptops.
- Initially, remove the battery present on your laptop back, and need to put it back. You need to pull the keys on the opposite side to get released from the lock. It makes you easy to remove the battery.
- Next, you need to start your computer and you need to hold the shift key + click on the F8 key continuously.
- Check whether the issue is resolved after starting your system. If the problem persists, move on to the solutions section given below.
How to Fix Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 black screen with cursor
You need to try every solution until the problem is resolved. If you have any doubts, you can contact us through the comment section. Our technical experts are always to resolve your queries with easy solutions.
In most of the situations and errors that you face in your system, a simple restart will fix the issues. In the same way, you need to unplug all the devices connected to it. Next, restart your system and check whether the desktop is visible. If the problem persists move on to the next solution. As that may help you to get out of the issue.
Variant Video Outputs
You try to connect variant video outputs and it may help to fix the issue with ease. The change in the driver may help to get back the screen.
- You have to connect to the different adapter from a discrete card to an integrated graphics or vice versa.
- Try to connect to a variant output such as DVI or HDMI, VGA to display port, or any of the other combination.
Networking Safe Mode Boot
Safe mode boot with networking starts your system in the safe mode. It includes all the network services and drivers you need to get access to the internet or other things on the same network.
You need to follow the below steps to start the networking in the safe mode.
The below steps are for Windows 7 and lower version of OS.
- Restart your system.
- You need to click on the shift key and tap on the F8 key repeatedly. In some time, you may come across advanced boot options.
- On the screen, you can see various options. Choose Safe Mode Networking option.
Go through the below steps for Windows 8 and 10 OS.
- Restart your computer
- You have to hold the Shift key while choosing the power and restart.
- On the next screen, you need to choose to troubleshoot option.
- On the advanced options section, you need to choose startup settings.
- Finally, choose Restart.
- On restarting, you can see a bunch of options. You need to select 5 or F5. It is a Safe Mode Networking option.
- Once you are on safe mode, you need to follow the below processes to fix the issue.
Run SFC (System File Checker) Scan
It helps to check all the system files and replaces incorrect versions with Genuine Microsoft versions.
- Tap on the start button.
- Search for CMD.
- Right-click and choose run as administrator option.
- On the command prompt window, type SFC/scannow.
- Finally, click on the enter button to execute it.
- After successful execution of the command, restart your system.
Run DISM Tool
DISM tool helps to fix the Windows corrupt errors. It helps to correct or repair the damaged system files.
- Click on the start button.
- Type CMD and select it.
- Enter Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. Click on the enter button.
- You have to wait until the completion of the repair. Later, restart your system.
Note: As the Safe Mode is working stable, the issue is with the Drivers in your system.
You need to stay in the Safe Mode and work on the device manager to fix the computer black screen with cursor Windows 10, 8, 7.
- Go to start.
- Search for Device Manager and click on it.
- Navigate to display adapters.
- Right-click on the adapter and choose Update Driver Software option.
- You have to wait till completion of the update. Do this to all the drivers.
- After completion, you need to remove Safe Mode. If you face any issue, you need to uninstall and re-install display adapters to fix the issue.
To Exit the safe mode, you need to follow the below steps.
Safe Mode Exit
- Tap on the Windows button + R key to open Run window.
- You need to type msconfig.
- A new window opens, navigate to boot menu option.
- You have to uncheck the Safe Boot.
- Click on the Ok button and restart your system.
Note: You have to perform all the above solutions in the safe boot mode, you need to follow the same procedure. If the problem is not resolved, you can get in touch with us through the comment section.
Closing Thoughts: Computer black screen with cursor
Hopefully, the above procedure helped you to fix the Windows black screen with cursor and other versions of Windows OS. In case of doubts, you can contact us through the comment section. Our experts are ready to help you. You can follow our social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and others to get regular updates regarding our posts.