Now a days people are self-hosting their website and are taking full responsibility to run it on their own, but many a time you encounter some error such as err_too_many_redirects. These kinds of errors might encounter while accessing the website that is facing some URL redirecting problems. Sometimes while browsing the web page it may end up showing the error err_too_many_redirect where localhost redirected you too many times at the same address. To save your day Device tricks has brought a troubleshooting tutorial to fix the err_too_many_redirects.
- 1 What does the error err_too_many_redirects say?
- 2 Conclusion
What does the error err_too_many_redirects say?
Error err_too_many_redirects commonly known as 310 error or 404 pages not found an error. In both cases, the error says that the local host redirected you too many times and does not know where it is supposed to go and is unable to reach the site. In order to fix the error “this web page has a redirect loop err_too_many_redirects” in few simple steps one has to understand the common reasons behind the error.
The reason behind the error err_too_many_redirects
- Home or site URL’s are incorrect or different.
- A misconfiguration is observed in an installed plugin.
- An occurrence of the same URL in your network.
- Usage of only one IP address for hosting multiple websites.
- Imposing wrong settings while dealing with third-party service.
Methods for fixing the error err_too_many_redirects
- Try using other browsers to open the site – interrupted due to faulty settings.
- Empty the trash of browser data – Contain faulty files that are the main cause.
- Checking the browser extension- An addition of the wrong extension may end up into error.
- Correcting the system date and time- An outdated time and date setting interrupt your browsing session.
Try using other browsers to open the site
- The error err_too_many_redirects may encounter many a time with faulty settings of the browser so it is suggested to try open the website using other browsers. If still, it is difficult to open the website then the major issue is on the server side.
- In order to resume the functioning of the old browser, try using the below methods.
Empty the trash of browser data
- Open the Google Chrome and type chrome://settings in the address bar and hit Enter button.
- Once the chrome setting window is open scroll down to look out for Advanced settings at the end of the page. Click on it to open.
- The advanced setting page shows the option for clearing the browsing data. Select the option to continue the process.
- On opening, the clear browsing data window hit on the clear data button.
- After completing the entire process again open the website and check for the error.
Checking the browser extension
- Open the Chrome browser and type chrome://extension in the address bar and press the enter button.
- In Chrome’s extension window a whole list of the extension will be available. Try enabling and disabling any of them doing this will help in eliminating the error.
Correcting the system date and time
- In order to change the systems date and time press Windows + R key altogether to open the run program and type “control” in the search box and press enter.
- Hitting enter will help to open the control panel. Select the clock and region category.
- Once the window is open click on Date and time section and scroll on the internet time tab.
- Click on the change settings button.
- Put a tick mark on the box shown in front of the synchronize with an internet server and select time server. Click on update now and hit OK button to save the changes.
- After synchronizing with an internet time server the system is updated and this might resolve the error.
“This web page has a redirected loop err_too_many_redirected” error can be fixed in many ways. In fact, you would not be required to read the entire tutorial because device tricks believe up till now you would have resolved the issue. For more such easy learning troubleshooting tutorials stay tuned to our Facebook page and keep visiting our website. Kindly share your comments, and queries in the comment box.