While using the popular computer operating system, Windows 10, users might face issues sometimes. You can face a number of possible errors caused due to different reasons. And one of these errors is the Configuration System Failed to Initialize Windows 10. Users face such an error while launching or using certain applications. Due to this, you will not be able to use that program. Since this can be quite frustrating, today we are here to show you to Fix the Configuration System Failed to Initialize error. Not only that but you will also learn more about this error and why is it caused. At last, you will find various methods which you can try out to fix this error in Windows 10.
- 1 What is Configuration System Failed to Initialize on Windows 10?
- 2 How to Fix the Configuration System Failed to Initialize Error?
- 3 Conclusion
What is Configuration System Failed to Initialize on Windows 10?
Whenever you launch or install any program on your Windows 10 PC, it initializes the configuration system. It helps in the proper functioning of different programs on your PC. But if it is not working properly, you might face the Configuration System Failed to Initialize error. In such a case that program will stop working and you will not be able to use it. Due to this, such an error can be quite frustrating on a Windows 10 PC. Things like opening apps, installing new apps, or even installing add-ons to the currently installed apps can cause this issue. And thus, many people face it while using their computers on a daily basis.
There are a number of reasons which can cause the Windows 10 configurations related error. Every Windows 10 PC has a configuration file which is closely related to this error. And if there are any issues within this file, you might start facing errors while using your PC. Similarly, if the application that you are using has issue itself, then you might face the configuration system failed to initialize error. At last, things like corrupted or bugged Windows 10 updates can also introduce a lot of problems in your PC. This means that even issues with Windows 10 itself can also cause the configuration system error.
How to Fix the Configuration System Failed to Initialize Error?
As told earlier, this error is quite complicated and can be caused due to a number of reasons. Because of this, there is no fixed method which can be followed this issue in Windows 10. Instead, in order to fix the configuration system error, you have to try out several methods. Because of this, at least one of this will work for you and you will be able to get rid of this issue from your Windows 10 PC. Therefore, if you want to fix the Configuration System Failed to Initialize on Windows 10, make sure to go through the following fixes one by one:
Scan and Fix Corrupted Windows System Files
If you have recently updated your Windows 10, then you might have corrupted some of the system files in this process. Due to bugged Windows Updates, this is quite common for Windows 10. Not only that but improper shutdowns can also corrupt the system files of your computer. In such a case, you can start facing various errors on your computer including the Configuration System Failed to Initialize error. Therefore, you should scan for any corrupted system files and fix them right away. Thankfully, you can easily do so by following the given steps one by one:
- First, use the Windows Search option to open Command Prompt as an administrator on your PC.
- In here, type the following commands one by one followed by an Enter on your keyboard to successfully run them.
- sfc /scannow
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once that is done, Command Prompt will have successfully scanned for any corrupted files as well as fix them. After that, reboot your computer to fix the Configuration System Failed to Initialize error.
Delete Microsoft NET Framework Config File
A lot of applications in Windows 10 use the Microsoft NET Framework for their proper functioning. And if there are issues with the Microsoft NET Framework installation in your PC, you can face the Windows 10 configurations issue. This is most likely due to the corrupted config file of Microsoft NET Framework in Windows 10. To overcome this issue, you can simply delete this file after which a new config file will be created without any issues. You can easily delete the Microsoft NET Framework Config file using Windows Explorer as shown in these instructions:
- Press Windows Key + E on your keyboard to open the Explorer on your PC.
- Here, navigate to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG where you will find multiple files.
- Now, find and select the machine.config file in this folder. After that, press shift + delete on your keyboard and press enter to permanently delete this file.
- Once that is done, reboot your computer so that Microsoft NET Framework creates a new config file which will fix the Windows 10 configurations issue.
Remove App Data Folders of Faulty Applications
If you are facing the Configuration System Failed to Initialize error only for a certain application on your PC, then chances are that the issue is within that app. For those of you who are experiencing the same issue, you can remove the app data folder of such applications. You can easily fix the Windows 10 configurations error this way by following the given instructions:
- First, open This PC and navigate to C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local.
- In here, find the folder of the application which is causing issues and delete it.
- Repeat the same steps in the C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming directory to get rid of Configuration System Failed to Initialize Windows 10.
We hope that you have successfully fixed Configuration System Failed to Initialize Windows 10. In case you liked this article, then make sure to share it on social media. If you have any doubts regarding any of the solutions, feel free to ask any queries in the comments section below. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our facebook page and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and guides.