While using the popular computer operating system, Windows 10, users might face issues sometimes. You can face a number of possible errors caused due to different reasons. And one of these errors is the Configuration System Failed To Initialize Windows 10. Users face such an error while launching or using certain applications. Due to this, you will not be able to use that program. Since this can be quite frustrating, today we are here to show you to Fix the Configuration System Failed to Initialize error.
An outlook Configuration System Failed to Initialize on Windows 10?
Whenever you launch or install any program on your Windows 10 PC, it initializes the configuration system. It helps in the proper functioning of different programs on your PC. But if it is not working properly, you might face the Configuration System Failed to Initialize error. In such a case that program will stop working and you will not be able to use it. Due to this, such an error can be quite frustrating on a Windows 10 PC. Things like opening apps, installing new apps, or even installing add-ons to the currently installed apps can cause this issue. And thus, many people face it while using their computers on a daily basis.
Must Read: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Error Code 19)
Why “Configuration System Failed to Initialize Error” occurs?
There are a number of reasons which can cause the Windows 10 configurations related error. Every Windows 10 PC has a configuration file that is closely related to this error. And if there are any issues within this file, you might start facing errors while using your PC. Similarly, if the application that you are using has an issue itself, then you might face the configuration system failed to initialize error. At last, things like corrupted or bugged Windows 10 updates can also introduce a lot of problems in your PC. This means that even issues with Windows 10 itself can also cause the configuration system error.
How to Fix the Configuration System Failed to Initialize Error?
As told earlier, this error is quite complicated and can be caused due to a number of reasons. Because of this, there is no fixed method that can be followed this issue in Windows 10. Instead, in order to fix the configuration system error, you have to try out several methods. Because of this, at least one of these will work for you and you will be able to get rid of this issue from your Windows 10 PC. Therefore, if you want to fix the Configuration System Failed to Initialize on Windows 10, make sure to go through the following fixes one by one:
Scan and Fix Corrupted Windows System Files
If you have recently updated your Windows 10, then you might have corrupted some of the system files in this process. Due to bugged Windows Updates, this is quite common for Windows 10. Not only that but improper shutdowns can also corrupt the system files of your computer. In such a case, you can start facing various errors on your computer including the Configuration System Failed to Initialize error. Therefore, you should scan for any corrupted system files and fix them right away. Thankfully, you can easily do so by following the given steps one by one:
- First, use the Windows Search option to open Command Prompt as an administrator on your PC.
- Here, type the following commands one by one followed by an Enter on your keyboard to successfully run them.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once that is done, Command Prompt will have successfully scanned for any corrupted files as well as fix them. After that, reboot your computer to fix the Configuration System Failed to Initialize error.
Delete Microsoft NET Framework Config File
A lot of applications in Windows 10 use the Microsoft NET Framework for their proper functioning. And if there are issues with the Microsoft NET Framework installation in your PC, you can face the Windows 10 configurations issue. This is most likely due to the corrupted config file of the Microsoft NET Framework in Windows 10. To overcome this issue, you can simply delete this file after which a new config file will be created without any issues. You can easily delete the Microsoft NET Framework Config file using Windows Explorer as shown in these instructions:
- Press Windows Key + E on your keyboard to open the Explorer on your PC.
- Here, navigate to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG where you will find multiple files.
- Now, find and select the machine.config file in this folder. After that, press shift + delete on your keyboard and press enter to permanently delete this file.
- Once that is done, reboot your computer so that Microsoft NET Framework creates a new config file that will fix the Windows 10 configurations issue.
Remove App Data Folders of Faulty Applications
If you are facing the Configuration System Failed to Initialize error only for a certain application on your PC, then chances are that the issue is within that app. For those of you who are experiencing the same issue, you can remove the app data folder of such applications. You can easily fix the Windows 10 configurations error this way by following the given instructions:
- First, open This PC and navigate to C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local.
- Here, find the folder of the application which is causing issues and delete it.
- Repeat the same steps in the C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming directory to get rid of Configuration System Failed to Initialize Windows 10.
Perform a Clean Boot
Clean Boot allows your PC to start up with a minimal or necessary set of drivers. Once your PC run then you can check for the application, if it runs as desired then enable the remaining services or applications one by one. By doing this you can recognize which one application is misbehaving or causing the error. Once you find out the application, uninstall the application.
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R key simultaneously. Type msconfig in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Go to the Services Tab and Check for the Hide all Microsoft Services. All Microsoft services will be disabled other than the third-party applications. And then click on the Disable All button following by the Apply button to save changes.
- Now click on the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Select all the services one by one and click the Disable button to disable the selected services.
- Reboot your PC and check for the error. If it runs smoothly then there was any program that was causing the error. Search in the installed programs and find out for that program causing the error.
We hope that you have successfully fixed the Configuration System Failed To Initialize Windows 10. In case you liked this article, then make sure to share it on social media. If you have any doubts regarding any of the solutions, feel free to ask any queries in the comments section below. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our Facebook page and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and guides.