Woe! You found Blue Screen Error on your Computer display; well the prime reason behind the issue is win32kbase.sys. It is a Sys file which is inbuilt in the Windows. Generally, Sys file acts as a link between the internal components and the software and hence allow the internal equipment to run smoothly with the third-party applications, such as a browser, OS and considerably more. So, if the Sys file gets corrupted, then this issue arises.
- 1 What is Windows 10 Blue Screen Error?
- 2 How to fix win32kbase.sys blue screen error?
- 3 Bottom Line
What is Windows 10 Blue Screen Error?
Windows 10 has software just like its predecessors, so things go wrong with time. As we discussed earlier the prime reason behind this error is win32kbase.sys. It is a Sys file which is inbuilt in the Windows. Generally, Sys file acts as a link between the internal components and the software and allow the internal equipment to run smoothly with the third-party applications, such as a browser, OS and more. So, if in any case the Sys file gets corrupted, then this error comes. The screen turns blue in this error and shows an error message as shown in this picture. It happens frequently in our experience but we’ve come with this guide to help you get back up and running if you ever see the infamous Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).
When you will find in Windows 10 Blue Screen Error on your display?
The Blue screen error appears during computer startup or amid the execution of any function in the application of Windows 10. The error is mentioned at the bottom of the screen and the header will show ‘Your PC ran into a problem’.
Back up before you start
We used to store many important files on our system including family pictures and videos to important business documents. All of this can be lost within no time if you don’t create backups on a regular basis. if you’re beginning to experience problems with your system then create a backup on priority. It’s frustrating to lose your precious data unnecessarily, and the whole process can be completed in a short while.
Regenerate the problem
It’s always helpful to concentrate what you were doing and which programs were running when you faced the blue screen error. If you’re able to recreate the error, then there’s a good chance to identify that one of the software you are using might be causing the problem.
In any case, if you come to know that the crashes are not random, but instead caused by some certain actions, can narrow down the suspects.
Check the code
With a blue screen arises there will be some error code displayed at the bottom of the message. Note down this message, then try to search for it on Google to see what this code represents.
To Know what you’re searching for will definitely make things a little clearer when it comes to diagnosing the fault.
What did you change?
One of the first and foremost things is to investigate, have you made any changes to your system. This will be new software or an update to the existing.
If the blue screen happens while you were using any software, or loading one up, then it might be worth to uninstall the software and then reinstall it.
How to fix win32kbase.sys blue screen error?
1. Windows Inbuilt feature- System File Checker
System file checker also knew as Sys is a tool which scans the system file and also fix the corrupt file including win32kbase.sys. To access this feature, follow the steps listed beneath.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘cmd’.
- Now, right-click on it and from the drop-down menu, select ‘run as administrator’.
- Thereafter, Windows will ask your permission to perform the operation, click on the ‘Yes’ button to approve the same.
- A command box will appear on your display and your job is to type ‘sfc/scannow’ and hit Enter. That’s it; rest system file checker will do. Windows will perform the complete scan and when it is completed, you will get a message ‘corrupt files are successfully repaired’.
- Now, restart your computer.
2. Update Windows to fix Blue Screen Error
Microsoft mostly updates its system files periodically and these updates fix the issue. So, make sure you have the latest updates of Windows. If you are lagging behind, then follow the steps listed below.
- Click on ‘Start’ Menu and select ‘Settings’.
- Thereafter, the Settings page will appear with a lot of features, move to the section ‘Updates & Security’ and this will show the ‘Windows update’.
- Now, click on ‘Check for updates’ featured beneath the ‘Window Update’ section.
- The Windows will look out for the latest system files and after acquiring all these, it will install the same.
- After finishing the process, just restart your computer.
3. Restore System to fix Windows 10 Blue Screen Error
The Blue Screen error codes Windows 10 appear in the Windows due to multiple factors and one of such is the ‘recently made changes’. So, if you had made any such, then go back to the point where your Windows was working smoothly and for the same, follow the steps listed below.
- Click on ‘Start’ Menu and type ‘restore’.
- In the search list, you will get several options; select ‘Create a restore point’.
- A window pop-up will appear, which will show the settings of system restore files, select ‘Choose a different restore point’ from the featured options and click on ‘Next’ button.
- Thereafter, System Restore page will appear on your display with few options; scroll down the page and click on the checkbox ‘Show more restore points’.
- Soon, you will find the list of restore points, now use your memory power and think at which point your computer was running smoothly. Make sure to select the correct one and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Again a window pop-up will appear and it will remind you to save the opened document. Perform the task and click on the ‘Finish’ button.
- After the completion of the process, you will get a pop-up window which will ask you to ‘Restart’ your computer, click on ‘Yes’ button to complete the action.
4. Remove malicious or corrupted files from your computer
The infected or corrupted files mostly hamper the performance of the system and thus become the pivotal point for ‘Windows 10 Blue Screen error’. So, it is always recommended to remove such files by running the Trusted and useful Antivirus. Thoroughly scan your computer and make sure the Antivirus database is up to date.
5. Check Hard Disk to fix Blue Screen Error Windows 10
Most of the times, computer or application stuck amid the process and repeated shut down or forced shut down create a bad impact on the Hard disk. Installation of the third-party app and the above-mentioned causes affect the system file and hence let to an issue ‘Blue Screen error’.
So, it is always recommended to check the Hard disk periodically and for the same, Microsoft retains the ‘check disk’ feature which checks and repair the corrupt hard disk. Now, go through the detailed method and execute it properly.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu.
- Type ‘command’ in the search box, right-click on it and select ‘Run as administration’.
- A pop-up window will come which will seek for the permission, click on ‘Yes’ button and proceed further.
- Now type ‘chkdsk/f’ and then hit Enter.
- From here onwards, Window will take over the task and will fix the corrupt hard disk and your role is to follow the instructions carefully.
These were the effective solution for the issue ‘Window 10 Blue Screen Error’. However, if you stuck amid the process then feel free to contact us. We are here to help you and our experience geeks will guide you and will fix the issue within a short span of time. Our team works round the clock, so you may approach for the support anytime as per your solace.