Woe! You found Win32kbase.sys Blue Screen Error on your Computer display; well the prime reason behind the issue is win32kbase.sys. It is a Sys file that is inbuilt in Windows. Generally, Sys file acts as a link between the internal components and the software and hence allows the internal equipment to run smoothly with third-party applications, such as a browser, OS, and considerably more. So, if the Sys file gets corrupted, then this issue arises.
What is Win32kbase.sys Blue Screen Error?
Windows 10 has the software just like its predecessors, so things go wrong with time. As we discussed earlier the prime reason behind this error is win32kbase.sys. It is a Sys file which is inbuilt in Windows. Generally, Sys file acts as a link between the internal components and the software and allow the internal equipment to run smoothly with the third-party applications, such as a browser, OS, and more.
So, if in any case the Sys file gets corrupted, then this error comes. The screen turns blue in this error and shows an error message as shown in this picture. It happens frequently in our experience but we’ve come with this guide to help you get back up and running if you ever see the infamous Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).
Symptoms of Win32kbase.sys Blue Screen of Death Error
Win32kbase.sys blue screen of error occurs accompanying the following error messages:
- STOP 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED – win32kbase.sys
- STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL – win32kbase.sys
- STOP 0×00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA – win32kbase.sys
- Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you would like to know more, you can search online later for this error: win32kbase.sys.
Why Win32kbase.sys blue screen error occur?
There may be various reasons behind this error however, I have listed some most common reasons for this issue such as:
- Corrupted system files
- Bad sectors on Hard disk drive
- Faulty graphics drivers or hardware
- Incompatible drivers
- Incompatible hardware
- Virus or Malware infection
- Anti-Virus issues
Troubleshooting tips to fix Win32kbase.sys Blue Screen Error
The Win32kbase.sys Blue screen error appears during computer startup or amid the execution of any function in the application of Windows 10. The error is mentioned at the bottom of the screen and the header will show ‘Your PC ran into a problem’. Before going to the fixing part here are some troubleshooting tips to follow as the precautionary measures:
Back up before you start
We used to store many important files on our system including family pictures and videos to important business documents. All of this can be lost within no time if you don’t create backups on a regular basis. if you’re beginning to experience problems with your system then create a backup on priority. It’s frustrating to lose your precious data unnecessarily, and the whole process can be completed in a short while.
Regenerate the problem
It’s always helpful to concentrate on what you were doing and which programs were running when you faced the blue screen error. If you’re able to recreate the error, then there’s a good chance to identify that one of the software you are using might be causing the problem.
In any case, if you come to know that the crashes are not random, but instead caused by some certain actions, you can narrow down the suspects.
Check the code
With a blue screen arises there will be some error code displayed at the bottom of the message. Note down this message, then try to search for it on Google to see what this code represents.
To know what you’re searching for will definitely make things a little clearer when it comes to diagnosing the fault.
What did you change?
One of the first and foremost things is to investigate, have you made any changes to your system. This will be new software or an update to the existing.
If the blue screen happens while you were using any software, or loading one up, then it might be worth uninstalling the software and then reinstall it.
How to fix Win32kbase.sys Blue Screen of Death error?
Here are some easy to execute solutions listed below to fix this error. Just go down the list one by one until your error is fixed:
Run SFC Scan(System File Checker)
System file checker also knew as Sys is a tool that scans the system file and also fixes the corrupt file including win32kbase.sys. To access this feature, follow the steps listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘cmd’.
- Now, right-click on it, and from the drop-down menu, select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Thereafter, Windows will ask your permission to perform the operation, click on the ‘Yes’ button to approve the same.
- A command box will appear on your display and your job is to type ‘sfc/scannow’ and hit Enter. That’s it; rest system file checker will do. Windows will perform the complete scan and when it is completed, you will get a message ‘corrupt files are successfully repaired’.
- Now, restart your computer.
Run DISM tool
Use the DISM tool to scan your computer and fix the error. It will restore the corrupt files to their working state. To run the DISM tool, follow the steps below:
- Go to your taskbar, then right-click the Windows icon. And select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Click Yes when prompted to ask.
- Run the commands one by one and press Enter after each command.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Wait for some time to finish the process and restart the computer once done and check for the error.
If none of the above methods worked for you, then there are chances that the problem is with the driver, so try to update the driver.
- Press Windows+X keys together and choose Device Manager.
- Find out the Drivers having the alert icon in yellow color.
- Right-click on the driver and choose the option Update Driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer and check for the error.
Microsoft mostly updates its system files periodically and these updates fix the issue. So, make sure you have the latest updates on Windows. If you are lagging behind, then follow the steps listed below.
- Click on ‘Start’ Menu and select ‘Settings’.
- Thereafter, the Settings page will appear with a lot of features, move to the section ‘Updates & Security’ and this will show the ‘Windows Update’.
- Now, click on ‘Check for updates’ featured beneath the ‘Window Update’ section.
- The Windows will lookout for the latest system files and after acquiring all these, it will install the same.
- After finishing the process, just restart your computer.
The Win32kbase.sys Blue Screen Error Windows 10 appears in Windows due to multiple factors and one such is the ‘recently made changes’. So, if you had made any such, then go back to the point where your Windows was working smoothly and for the same, follow the steps listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘restore’. In the search list, you will get several options; select ‘Create a restore point’.
- A window pop-up will appear, which will show the settings of system restore files, select ‘Choose a different restore point’ from the featured options, and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Thereafter, System Restore page will appear on your display with few options; scroll down the page and click on the checkbox ‘Show more restore points’. Soon, you will find the list of restore points, now use your memory power, and think at which point your computer was running smoothly. Make sure to select the correct one and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Again a window pop-up will appear and it will remind you to save the opened document. Perform the task and click on the ‘Finish’ button.
- After the completion of the process, you will get a pop-up window which will ask you to ‘Restart’ your computer, click on ‘Yes’ button to complete the action.
Remove malicious or corrupted files
The infected or corrupted files mostly hamper the performance of the system and thus become the pivotal point for ‘Windows 10 Blue Screen error’. So, it is always recommended to remove such files by running the Trusted and useful Antivirus. Thoroughly scan your computer and make sure the Antivirus database is up to date.
Check Hard Disk
Most of the time, computers or applications stuck amid the process and repeated shut down or forced shut down create a bad impact on the Hard disk. Installation of the third-party app and the above-mentioned causes affect the system file and hence let to an issue ‘Win32kbase.sys Blue Screen error’.
So, it is always recommended to check the Hard disk periodically and for the same, Microsoft retains the ‘check disk’ feature which checks and repair the corrupt hard disk. Now, go through the detailed method and execute it properly.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘command’ in the search box, right-click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- A pop-up window will come which will seek permission, click on the ‘Yes’ button, and proceed further.
- Now type ‘chkdsk/f’ and then hit Enter.
- From here onwards, Window will take over the task and will fix the corrupt hard disk and your role is to follow the instructions carefully.
These were effective solutions for the issue ‘Win32kbase.sys Blue Screen Error Windows 10’. Let us know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates on errors related to Windows, macOS, and Android.
If you feel this article helpful please like, share, and follow our Facebook page.