Folks, api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing? It sounds like your problem. If yes, then you are not alone to encounter this error. Many Windows users are facing this issue and today in this guide, I will walk you through the steps to fix the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error. Keep reading!
When you try to open a file or program you may come across this error. You have to download, repair, or reinstall the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file to fix this error. Users reported an error message during this error displayed on their computer screen like
The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
What is “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll”?
When we create programs in Windows or other operating systems, they are linked to the DLL files that are necessary for the smooth functioning of that program. Likewise, api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is also a DLL file and built into Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. This file contains the code like all other DLL files for the proper functioning of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. If this file is missing then Windows will display an error message “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing“and prevent you to open the program.
Why “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll” missing error appear?
As we have already discussed that api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is a DLL file and includes in the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable visual studios 2015. When the visual software DLL file is missing, you will not be able to open the program or file.
When you try to open Skype, Autodesk, Microsoft Office, or any other program then you will encounter this error message.
As it requires the DLL file so that the dialogue box pops-up stating DLL file missing error. The issue occurs when the software is missing, corrupted, or incompatible.
Continue reading to know more about the various solutions to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error.
How to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is Missing Error?
You can follow the below methods to fix the issue related to api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
Install api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll File via Windows Update
You can install the Visual C++ redistributable visual studio 2015 through the KB2999226 Windows update. On updating your Windows, you can get the required files and resolves the issue.
- You have to click on the start button and search for check for updates.
- You have to connect to the internet connection. Double click on the check for updates option on the window. On the newly opened window, choose check for updates.
- Your system automatically searches for updates.
- In Windows 10, you can choose particular updates to install. You have to install KB2999226. In Windows 7, there is no option to choose and you have to click on the install updates to install all the updates.
- After completion of installing the updates, restart your system.
- Now, are you able to open the files or programs that you are trying to open before? If yes, you did it. If No, then no worries there are other ways that you can try to get them back.
Note: The options may slightly vary from variant Windows operating systems. You have to make a note of it.
Repair C++ Redistributable Visual Studio 2015
You have to notice that the repair option is available for Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating system. The repair option is not available in XP, Vista, and 7 operating systems.
- Press the Windows key and search for Control Panel in the search bar.
- A new window opens, click on the Programs and then go to programs & features option.
- You have to select Microsoft C++ 2015 if you found in the list and then click on the change option.
- On the pop-up window, choose the repair option.
- You have to click on the Yes button if prompted by account user control. And then you need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Restart your system and see whether the issue is fixed or not. If the issue persists move on to the next solution.
If you are having the visual studios 2015 version and the dll file is missing, you can download the file and need to move to the visual studio file to fix the issue.
- Click on the start button and search for system information. You have to double click on it to open the window related to it.
- Next, look for the system type.
- You have to get the DLL file by typing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll download in the browser search.
- Now open the computer icon on your desktop and navigate to Local Disc: C and search for Windows folder.
- If not found, click on the View and check the box of Hidden items.
- Now go inside the Windows folder and search for api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll in the search bar. and then select the folder which shows the navigation path of SysWOW64.
- Go to that particular folder and paste the file and click on the replace option from the prompt window.
- After pasting the file, close all the windows, and restart the system.
- Now try to open the file causing the error. Hopefully, it fixes the issue.
Download and Install C++ Redistributable Visual Studio 2015
You have to download the visual studio 2015 manually from the browser search.
- You can go to the browser and search for C++ redistributable 2015. There are plenty of options, select an official Microsoft website and click on it.
- On the webpage on scrolling down, you can see the download option.
- Next, you have to choose x86 (x32) or x64 version and click on the next button to start the download.
- When the download is done, double click on the .exe file to start the installation process. You have to click on the Yes button from the prompt pop-up window to permit the software to start the installation process.
- Finally, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
- After completion of the installation process, restart your system.
- Next, try to open the program or file that causing the error.
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error is common and you can fix it easily. Hopefully, the error has been fixed. If yes, then let us know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? If you like this article please like, share, and follow our Facebook page and keep visiting our website to get the latest updates on errors related to Windows, macOS, and Android.