When you try to open a file or program you may come across api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error. You have to download, repair, or reinstall api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file to fix this error.
Here, you can know the process of placing the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll download in the exact place, and how to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing issue.
- 1 Why missing of api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Program occurs?
- 2 Closing Thoughts: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
Why missing of api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Program occurs?
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is the file includes in the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable visual studios 2015. Some of the files or software requires the specific DLL file. When the visual software DLL file is missing, you are not able to open the program or file. As it requires the DLL file so that the dialogue box pops-up stating DLL file missing error. The issue occurs when the visual software DLL file is missing, corrupted, or incompatible.
Continue reading to know more about the variant solutions to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
How to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is Missing Error
You can follow the below procedures to fix the issue related to api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
You can install the Visual C++ redistributable visual studio 2015 through KB2999226 Windows update. On updating your windows, you can get the required files and resolves the issue.
You have to follow the below process to update your windows.
- You have to click on the start button.
- Search for the option, check for updates.
- You have to connect to the internet connection.
- Double click on the check for updates option on the window.
- On the newly opened window, choose check for updates.
- Your system automatically searches for the updates.
- In Windows 10, you can choose particular updates to install. You have to install KB2999226. In Windows 7, there is no option to choose and you have to click on the install updates to install all the updates.
- After completion of installing the updates, restart your system.
- Now, are you able to open the files or programs that you are trying to open before? If the answer is yes, you did it. If the answer is No, no worries there are other ways that you can try to get them back.
Note: The options may slightly vary from variant Windows operating systems. You have to make a note of it.
Repair C++ Redistributable Visual studio 2015
You have to notice that the repair option is available for Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating system. The repair option is not available in XP, Vista, and 7 operating systems.
- Click on the Windows key.
- Search for settings in Windows 8 and above operating system in the search bar.
- A new window opens, click on the programs & features option.
- You have look for Microsoft C++ 2015 and click on it.
- Choose change option.
- On the pop-up window, choose the repair option.
- You have to click on Yes button when prompted by account user control.
- Next, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Restart your system and see whether the issue is fixed or not. If the issue persists move on to the next solution.
Note: As the Windows operating system 7 and below doesn’t have a repair option, it is better to move to the next solution.
How to download api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll to fix the error?
If you are having the visual studios 2015 version and the dll file is missing, you can download the file and need to move to the visual studio file to fix the issue.
- Click on the start button and search for system information.
- You have to double click on it to open the window related to it.
- Next, look for the system type.
- You have to get the DLL file by typing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll download in the browser search.
- Now open computer icon on your desktop.
- Navigate to Local Disc: C
- Search for Windows folder. If not found, click on organize > tap folder and search options.
- A new window opens, click the view tab.
- Navigate to under hidden file and folders, choose show hidden files and folders.
- Now, click on ok button.
- Here, on the local disc: C, you can see the windows folder. Double click on the Windows folder.
- Next, you type api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll in the search bar. Check the navigation folder details.
- Go to that particular folder and paste the file and click on the replace option from the prompt window.
- After pasting the file, close all the windows, and restart the system.
- Next to reboot, try to open the file that causing the error. Hope it fixes the issue.
Download and Install C++ Redistributable Visual Studio 2015
You have to download the visual studio 2015 manually from the browser search.
- You can go to the browser and search for C++ redistributable 2015
- There are plenty of options, search for the official Microsoft website and click on it.
- On the webpage on scrolling down, you can see the download option.
- Next, you have to choose x86 (x32) or x64 version and click on the next button to start the download.
- When the download is done, double click on the .exe file to start the installation process.
- You have click on the Yes button from the prompt pop-up window to permit the software to start the installation process.
- Finally, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
- After completion of the installation process, restart your system.
- Next, try to open the program or file that causing the error.
Closing Thoughts: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing issue is common, you can fix the issue on following our instructions. You can know the process of api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll download and placing the file in the correct folder. In case, if you have any doubt, you can place your query in the form of a comment. We look into your query and resolve it at the earliest possible with clear explanation. We are always happy to help you. You can follow our Facebook and other social media pages to get regular updates regarding our new posts.