Age of Empire is an outstanding analysis game designed and developed by Microsoft Inc. The third segment of the game is most challenging because you will have to bend your mind to prepare the perfect strategy to win the game. This game is most populous among the youth and if you love to accept the challenges, then try this game.
So, if you have installed the game and upon launch, if you find ‘Age of Empire 3 initialization failed’, then don’t disappoint, because there are some effective solutions which will allow you to access the game smoothly. But before moving to the further, let’s figure out the actual cause behind this issue.
Reasons behind an issue ‘Age of Empires 3 initialization failed’
Well, most of the users tried to hunt down for the actual cause behind initialization failed Age of Empire 3 game, but they didn’t reach to their desired path. But, here you will get the perfect reasons behind an issue and they are listed below.
- Lack of updated patch of the game.
- Improper configuration of the game.
- Lack of Windows update.
- Corrupt files of DirectX.
- Lack of Driver update.
- The conflict between the software.
These were the prime causes of the issue and if you desperately want to resolve it, then go through the below-mentioned solution.
What are the troubleshooting steps to fix initialization failed Age of Empire 3 game?
1. Turn ON DirectPlay
Generally, games need a particular framework to run smoothly in the Operating System and thus Windows offered an inbuilt API, i.e. DirectPlay. This tool enables the game to drift in the OS without any interruption, but by default, the DirectPlay is in disable mode. So, hope you come to know, what exactly you need to do. Yes, you are right, just enable this feature and the process for the same is pretty simple.
- First and foremost, move to the ‘Control Panel’ and for that click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and hit Enter.
- A new window will appear on your screen which will present the salient features of the Control Panel, now click on ‘view by’ located at the top of the page and select ‘Large icon’ option.
- Thereafter, you will get the expanded features of the Control Panel and from that, select ‘Programs and Features’.
- At the left end of ‘Programs and Features’ section, you will find an option ‘Turn Windows features ON or Off’, click on it.
- Soon, you will discover a new window featuring the inbuilt applications of the Windows, select the ‘Legacy Component’ and then click on the arrow button to expand its features.
- Now, click on the checkbox ‘DirectPlay’ to enable it.
However, if Initialization failed Age of Empires 3 still appears on your screen, then download the latest version of the game. Most of the times, the developers fix the bugs in the game and thus allow the gamers to access the game effectively. So, it is always recommended to use the latest version of Age of Empire 3 and you can find the same from its official website.
2. DirectX: Check the current version and download the latest one to fix Age of Empires 3 initialization failed
DirectX is an API tool which allows the game to run smoothly and most of the game needs such platform to function effectively in the Operating System. Well, the Windows offers the DirectX in the package and you just need to ensure the present version of the same. If you are using the older version, then this might be the one reason behind initialization failed Age of Empire 3. To resolve the same, you can download the new version. But before that, you must find out which version you are using and the process to detect the same is simple and for your solace, it is listed below.
Check the current version of DirectX
- Open the ‘Run’ box and the procedure is quite simple, you just need to press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- Now, type ‘dxdiag’ in the box and hit ‘Enter’ button.
- Thereafter, a DirectX window will feature on the screen with multiple features, click on the ‘System’ tab.
- At the end of the page, you will find ‘DirectX Version’ highlight the same and note down the version listed on the page.
- Now, it’s time to ensure whether any updated version is available or not.
Download the latest version of DirectX
- Open your browser and visit the download page of the Microsoft. However, you can reach directly by clicking on the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
- In the download page, you will get an option to select the language, choose the one as per your convenience from the drop-down menu and then click on ‘Download’ button.
- Now, follow the on-screen instruction to install the latest version of DirectX.
3. How to Resolve software conflict to fix Age of Empires 3 initialization failed
As stated earlier, software conflict also creates such issue, so your job is to disable all the Startup programs so that you can get rid of an issue ‘Age of Empires 3 initialization failed’. The process is very simple and for your convenience, the steps are listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘System Configuration’ in the search bar and after that hit the Enter button.
- Thereafter, you will find a system configuration window with relevant options, click on the ‘Services’ tab located at the top of the page.
- At the bottom of the page, you will get an option ‘Hide all Microsoft services’, click on the checkbox to select all and then click on ‘Disable all’ button.
- After finishing the above task, click on the ‘OK’ button.
So, these were an effective solution against initialization failed Age of Empires 3. However, if you still face any kind of problem amid the game or in the OS, then feel free to contact us. Being a top-notch tech support firm, we provide complete assistance to the users by offering a wide range of solutions against the issues and our techies work around the clock for the same. So, you can reach anytime for an utmost solution.