Error Status code 0xc000012F(Bad Image) sounds like your problem? Folks need not worry. many of the Windows users face this issue and wonder how to resolve this error? So, if you are facing such an issue, then don’t get annoyed as there are multiple ways to resolve this error code. But, before moving towards the solution, let’s have a quick glance at the reasons behind an issue.
What does error 0xc000012f (Bad Image)say?
Windows error code 0xc000012f appears on the computer screen with a message “Bad Image” when Windows fail to display the image. This usually shows the Bad Image in the pop-up message and it means the image file format is in incorrect form or might be some software is lagging behind which enables the Windows to access the image format. This error reappears multiple even after clicking on the ‘OK’ button and annoying the users. Generally, this error code format is caused by the vendors to identify the error.
Why error code 0xc000012f appears on my screen?
Sometimes, the Windows update also becomes the major reason behind this error. So to resolve this issue, go through the below-mentioned solutions and stop when your task is accomplished.
How to fix Windows error code 0xc000012F?
I have compiled some troubleshooting as well as effective solutions with images to fix this error. Follow the steps and move to the next if the error still exists.
Clean-up Junk files
There are chances for the accumulation of junk files if you are using the computer for a prolonged time. Sometimes cleaning the junk files may work and help the users in fixing the error. To do so follow these simple steps:
- Open Run window by pressing Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Type the command cleanmgr and press Enter.
- A dialogue box will arise seeking to select the OS partition (C:) and press Enter.
- Check the entries for Setup log files, Recycle bin, and all temporary files.
- Lastly, select Clean Up System Files and wait for the process to finish.
Windows mostly update its application and sometimes the same update becomes the barrier of other software. So, to resolve this error, you must uninstall the updates and the process for the same is listed beneath. Go through the steps and execute them effectively.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Settings’ from the list of applications. If you a Windows 10 user, then you can find the settings icon above the ‘power’ menu.
- However, if you are a Windows 7/8 user, then click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Settings’ in the search bar and thereafter, hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Soon, you will find a new window on your screen and that is ‘Settings’ now move to the section ‘Update & Security’.
- In the update page, you will find a link ‘View Update History’, click on it.
- Thereafter, a list of available updates will feature on the screen and at the top, you will find a link ‘Uninstall Updates’, click on it.
A new window will appear on your screen which will show the list of updated Microsoft services, select the one and then click on the ‘Uninstall’ button. Make sure to repeat this process for all the services mentioned in the update list
- After completing the task, restart your computer.
Run System File Checker to fix Bad Image error
Windows Operating System offers various useful tools to fix any sort of issues and in the list of the tools, System File Checker (SFC) comes at the top, with the help of the same, you can easily fix this Bad Image error and your job is to simply run this feature on your computer and the rest of the task will be done by SFC.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘cmd’ in the box.
- Now, select the command prompt from the search result, right-click on it and choose an option ‘run as an administrator’.
- A new window will appear on the screen and in the same, type ‘sfc/scannow’ without an inverted comma and then hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Thereafter, Windows will start detecting the issue and at the end of the process, it will fix the above-mentioned error.
Install the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio
Microsoft itself designed and developed the Visual C++ Redistributable software. This software fixes the image issue and most of the users admired the result of the Visual C++ Redistributable. So, if you want to get rid of this error, then install this application and for your solace, the detailed steps are mentioned below.
- Open your browser and go to the download page of Microsoft and then navigate for Visual C++ Redistributable. However, if you want to reach directly on the page, then click on the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145
- After clicking on the link, the Visual C++ Redistributable page will open.
- Now, select the ‘Language’ and then click on the ‘Download’ link.
- Select the files by clicking on the checkbox and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions provided by the Windows to complete the installation.
- After completing the process restart your computer.
Disable ‘Startup’ services of Microsoft
This is one of the good methods to find out which application is creating this error. The process is simple and you just need to first hide all the Microsoft services and then disable the startup applications of Windows.
- Press ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key to open the ‘Run’ box and then type ‘msconfig’. After giving the command, press the ‘Enter’ button.
- Thereafter, the system configuration window will appear, click on the ‘Services’ tab located at the top of the page and click on the checkbox ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ and further click on ‘Apply’. Make sure to select all the applications.
- Now, click on the ‘Startup’ tab and on this page, you will find a link ‘Open Task Manager’, click on it.
- Soon, you will get the list of Startup applications and your task is to disable them one by one.
- After completing the above task, close the ‘Task Manager’ window and then restart your computer.
Update Windows to fix error code 0xc000012f
Microsoft usually updates the features of the Windows and the same mostly resolves the issue. So, it is always recommended to access the updated version of Windows to avoid the interruption. Most of the time, Windows performs this task automatically, but when some or file gets corrupted or fails to respond properly, then Windows stop updating the applications automatically and in that case, you will have to do this task manually. Well, the process is simple and for your convenience, the steps are listed beneath.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Settings’ in the search bar and then hit ‘Enter’.
- However, if you are a Windows 10 user, then click on the ‘Start’ menu and then select ‘Settings’ which is symbolized with a gear icon.
- A new window will open which will show the list of Windows Settings, select ‘Update & Security’.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear and it will show the summary of the Windows updates, click on the link ‘Check for updates’.
- After the installation of the updates, the problem will be resolved. But, for the effective result, make sure to restart your computer after updating Windows.
Update Device Drivers
The missing or outdated device drivers always result in errors in the functioning of your system. Check for the device drivers update available and try to install these updates if any. You can manually update the device drivers by downloading them from the official websites and install them.
Either one of the solutions might have helped you to fix the error status code 0xc000012f(Bad Image). Now, access the salient features of the Windows in an emphatic manner. Let us in the comment section which method works for you? On the off chance, if the issue still persists, then feel free to contact us and get the instant solution from the experienced geeks. We offer the technical solution against any issues around the clock, so you can make a call anytime for an effective solution against the issues.
Also Read: How to fix Error 1068 on Windows 10?