Error Status code 0xc000012F appears on the computer when Windows fail to display the image. This is a general error and mostly reappears even after clicking on the ‘OK’ button. So, if you are facing such an issue, then don’t get annoyed as there are multiple ways to resolve this error code. But, before moving towards the solution, let’s have a quick glance at the reasons behind an issue.
- 1 Prominence causes behind 0xc000012F error
- 2 Conclusion
Prominence causes behind 0xc000012F error
Windows error code 0xc000012F usually shows the Bad Image in the pop-up and it means the image file format is in incorrect form or might be some software is lagging behind which enable the windows to access the image format. Sometimes, Windows update also becomes the major reason behind the 0xc000012F error. So to resolve this issue, go through the below-mentioned solutions and stop when your task is accomplished.
How to fix Windows error code 0xc000012F?
1. Uninstall Updates
Windows mostly update its application and sometimes the same update becomes the barrier of other software. So, to resolve Windows error code 0xc000012F, you must uninstall the updates and the process for the same is listed beneath. Go through the steps and execute it effectively.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Settings’ from the list of application. If you a Windows 10 user, then you can find the settings icon above the ‘power’ menu.
- However, if you are Windows 7/8 user, then click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Settings’ in the search bar and thereafter, hit ‘Enter’ button.
- Soon, you will find a new window on your screen and that is ‘Settings’ now move to the section ‘Update & Security’.
- In the update page, you will find a link ‘View Update History’, click on it.
- Thereafter, list of available updates will feature on the screen and at the top, you will find a link ‘Uninstall Updates’, click on it.
- A new window will appear on your screen which will show the list of updated Microsoft services, select the one and then click on ‘Uninstall’ button. Make sure to repeat this process for all the services mentioned in the update list.
- After completing the task, restart your computer.
2. Use Windows tools to resolve Windows Error 0xc000012f
Windows Operating System offers various useful tools to fix any sort of issues and in the list of the tools, System File Checker (SFC) comes at the top, with the help of the same, you can easily fix 0xc000012f error and your job is to simply run this feature on your computer and the rest of the task will be done by SFC.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘cmd’ in the box.
- Now, select the command prompt from the search result, right-click on it and choose an option ‘run as an administrator’.
- A new window will appear on the screen and in the same, type ‘sfc/scannow’ without an inverted comma and then hit ‘Enter’ button.
- Thereafter, Windows will start detecting the issue and at the end of the process, it will fix the above-mentioned error.
3. Install the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio
Microsoft itself designed and developed the Visual C++ Redistributable software. This software fixes the image issue and most of the users admired the result of the Visual C++ Redistributable. So, if you want to get rid of ‘Windows error code 0xc000012F’, then install this application and for your solace, the detailed steps are mentioned below.
- Open your browser and go to the download page of Microsoft and then navigate for Visual C++ Redistributable. However, if you want to reach directly on the page, then click on the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145
- After clicking on the link, Visual C++ Redistributable page will open.
- Now, select the ‘Language’ and then click on the ‘Download’ link.
- Select the files by clicking on the checkbox and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions provided by the Windows to complete the installation.
- After completing the process restart your computer.
4. Disable ‘Startup’ services of Microsoft
This is one of the good methods to find out which application is creating Windows error code 0xc000012F. The process is simple and you just need to first hide all the Microsoft services and then disable the startup applications of Windows.
- Press ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key to open the ‘Run’ box and then type ‘msconfig’.
- After giving the command, press the ‘Enter’ button.
- Thereafter, the system configuration window will appear, click on ‘Services’ tab located at the top of the page and then select all the applications.
- After selecting the services, click on the checkbox ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ and further click on ‘Apply’.
- Now, click on the ‘Startup’ tab and on this page, you will find a link ‘Open Task Manager’, click on it.
- Soon, you will get the list of Startup applications and your task is to disable them one by one.
- After completing the above task, close the ‘Task Manager’ window and then restart your computer.
5. Update Windows
Microsoft usually updates the features of the Windows and the same mostly resolves the issue. So, it is always recommended to access the updated version of the Windows to avoid the interruption. Most of the times, Windows perform this task automatically, but when some or file gets corrupted or fails to respond properly, then Windows stop updating the applications automatically and in that case, you will have to do this task manually. Well, the process is simple and for your convenience, the steps are listed beneath.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Settings’ in the search bar and then hit ‘Enter’.
- However, if you are a Windows 10 user, then click on the ‘Start’ menu and then select ‘Settings’ which is symbolized with a gear icon.
- A new window will open which will show the list of Windows Settings, select ‘Update & Security’.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear and it will show the summary of the Windows updates, click on the link ‘Check for updates’.
- After the installation of the updates, the error 0xc000012f will be resolved. But, for the effective result, make sure to restart your computer after updating Windows.
That’s it and your job is done. Now, access the salient features of the Windows in an emphatic manner. On the off chance, if the issue still persists, then feel free to contact us and get the instant solution from the experienced geeks. We offer the technical solution against any issues around the clock, so you can make a call anytime for the effective solution against the issues.
Also Read: How to fix Error 1068 on Windows 10?