When you are trying to download from your browser, you may get an alert of your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded. In this article, you will come to know how to fix this error by changing the security settings of browsers.
Your Current Security Settings do not allow this File to be Downloaded
Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded is a common error for Windows operating system users. In some of the cases, an issue occurs when you download the software and your current security settings do not allow this action due to the security setting. The block may occur due to software conflicts like if you currently running Windows Defender. And if you try to download Norton may get blocked by current software.
Solutions: Your Current Security Setting Do Not Allow This File To Be Downloaded
Are you facing Microsoft.net plug-in not supported with current security settings issue? Need not to panic. In this guide, I will show you how to fix this error. Keep reading!
If you using third-party antivirus in your system you have to disable it first because it may block the file from the download.
- Go to start menu and search for task manager or type task manager and select it.
- A new window opens go to your antivirus software and right-click on it and select end task.
- The present antivirus software in your system is disabled finally, close all the windows.
- Now check whether the issue of your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded is resolved.
- Right-click on the antivirus icon you are using on your computer.
- Select turn-off shield control or untick antivirus guard enable or disable virus shield or uncheck real-time protection or enable snooze. The option varies with the antivirus you are using in your system.
** The above any of the option will help to disable your antivirus program and helps to fix the error. After completion of your file download, you have to enable your antivirus to protect your system from virus attacks.
Turn-Off Windows Defender
The enables Windows defender also sometimes causes your current security setting do not allow this file to be downloaded error. To fix the issue you have to turn–off or disable Windows Defender.
- Click on the start button and type Windows Defender. Select it as shown in the figure.
- On the new Windows Defender window go to Tools from the menu and click on it.
- From the next screen, select options under settings category.
- Go to administrator option from the left panel and remove the chbeck by click on the checkmark box.
- Finally, click on the save button to save the selection.
- Hopefully, this selection should solve your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded issue. If the solution doesn’t fix the issue continue with the below solutions according to your browser that causing the error.
Note: You can repeat the same procedure to turn-on Windows defender as it is important to protect your computer from virus.
Internet Explorer Security Settings
You have to change Internet Explorer security settings to fix your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded issue.
- Open Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on the gear wheel present on the upper right-corner or tools option present on the window.
- Select Internet Options from the expanded list.
- From the menu, go to the security tab and make sure you have selected the internet to select a zone to view or change security settings.
- On the same security tab, go to the custom level in security level for this zone as shown in the figure.
- Search for downloads, under it you can see file download and select enable the option and click on ok button.
- Now close all the windows and restart Internet Explorer. If the problem is with internet explorer options definitely this helps to download the file.
Delete Personal Settings and Add-Ons – Internet Explorer
In some of the instances, deleting personal settings in internet explorer will fix. Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded error.
- Open internet explorer and click on gear icon present on upper – right corner or tools on the window. From the expanded list, select Manage Add-ons.
- Look for the suspicious add-ons and extensions, click on the non–related add-ons and select disable button.
- Now again go to the gear icon and select Internet options from the list as shown in the figure.
- Click on advanced and select reset option.
- Check on delete personal settings box and click reset option to confirm changes.
- Finally, close the internet explorer and restart the browser to check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Reset Google Chrome Web Browser Settings And Delete Suspicious Extensions
The issue your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded in Google chrome occurs due to change in settings. To fix this you have to reset your Google Chrome settings.
- Open Google Chrome and go to menu button present at the top-right corner of the window.
- From the extended list select settings as shown in the figure.
- On the next page at the bottom of the window select advanced settings.
- Go to the bottom of the page and you can find reset and clean up category. Select restore settings to their original defaults option.
- Successfully resettled your Google Chrome settings to original defaults. Now restart your Google chrome. Hopefully, this solution helps to fix the issue.
How to delete extensions
- Open the menu and select more tools option from the extended list select extensions as shown in the figure.
- Go to the suspicious extension and click on the remove button to delete it.
- Finally, restart your Google chrome and this solution may fix the error.
Mozilla Firefox Remove Extensions and Refresh Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu button as shown in the figure.
- From the extended list select Add-ons.
- Click on the extension on the left panel and locate the suspicious add-ons. Click on the remove button to delete it permanently.
- After deleting re-launch Firefox and hope that the issue is resolved.
Continue with the below steps to refresh Firefox. To fix the issue your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded.
- Click on the menu button of Firefox browser and select help from the extended list.
- On the list, select troubleshoot information as shown in the figure.
- Click on Refresh Firefox option and on the pop-up window click on refresh Firefox to confirm.
- Now, close the browser and re-launch it hopefully this solution will fix the issue.
Hopefully, the above solutions for all the browsers are explained in detail to fix your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded issue. Are you still facing the issue or having any more doubts? You can contact us through the comment section and we will get back to you with the possible solutions.