When you are trying to perform Windows 7 update installer, you come across the error 0X80070643. The issue occurs due to the update .net framework, Windows Defender, or other programs using Windows Update. However, the same error 0X80070643 appears on updating Windows 8,10.
If you are trying to update Windows, faced the error many times, looking for a solution. You are at the right place; we provide you the full information and clear explanation to fix the Windows update error 0X80070643.
- 1 What are the causes for error 0X80070643 and what it implies
- 2 Tips: Windows Update Installer Error 0X80070643
- 2.1 How To Fix Error 0X80070643: Windows Update Installer Error
- 3 Conclusion: Windows Update Installer Error 0X80070643
What are the causes for error 0X80070643 and what it implies
In Windows 10 on updating KB40448955 causes the error. The update is about the quality improvements & the other elements that are mainly claimed to resolve the security issues. You can also come across the issue in Windows 7 update installer throwing the error code 0X80070643. However, when you are trying to update .net framework, the error arises in the Windows operating system. The Windows defender issue with KB2267602 also causes the error 0X80070643.
Not only the online issues but also the system file issues also cause error 0X80070643. You can go through the below information to understand the causes of the issue in detail.
- Due to the failure of Windows updates.
- The corrupt and damaged system files hinder the Windows update.
- Malware or virus in your system makes everything in your system works abruptly.
- The disabled or corrupt MS source engine ose.exe file occur the error 0X80070643 while updating your Windows.
- The corrupt .net file causes issue on update .net framework.
Tips: Windows Update Installer Error 0X80070643
- You have to disable antivirus in your system and start Windows update.
- In some of the cases, a simple restart of your system helps to fix the error 0X80070643.
- The internet connection will not cause the error 0X80070643, but to avoid Windows update interruptions.
How To Fix Error 0X80070643: Windows Update Installer Error
The error 0X80070643 occurs while installing Windows updates and due to many of the reasons. You can try the below solutions as the issue occurrence varies from system to system. Gives us your feedback along with which solution worked for you to fix the error 0X80070643 in the comment section.
Run SFC Scan
The missing or corrupt files in your system may cause the error 0X80070643 while Windows update installer or Windows 8, 10 OS. On running the SFC scan, you can fix the missing and corrupt files.
However, the SFC scan works through command prompt. It scans all your system files and replaces cache version to the corrupted files.
You have to follow the below steps to run the SFC scan and to fix the issues.
- Go to Start button
- You have to type CMD in the search bar.
- Tap on the CMD file, right-click on it and choose run as administrator from the drop-down list.
- A new window of command prompt with administration opens.
- You have to type the cmd SFC /scannow and click on the enter button.
- You need to wait until the completion of the system scan.
- Once the scan is done, you have to restart your system. Now, try to update Windows. Still, are you facing the error 0X80070643, switch to next solution.
Install & Repair .Net Framework (Latest) to fix Windows Update error 0x80070643
For your Windows system and on performing Windows update .Net framework is important. If your .Net framework is missing or corrupt causes the error 0X80070643. You have to manually download and install the .Net framework to fix the issue related to .net framework files.
- Go to the Microsoft official website of the .net framework download page.
- Navigate to the latest version of the .Net framework.
- Click on the download option.
- After download, tap on the file to start installing the .net framework.
- You have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is done, you need to restart your computer.
- You have to try Windows update. Move on to the next solution in case of persistence of error 0X80070643.
- You have to download the .net framework repair tool file from the browser.
- After download, click on the .exe file.
- You have to follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the repair process.
- Restart your system and complete the Windows update.
Manual Update of Windows Defender to fix error code 0x80070643
The error 0X80070643 occurs due to the update failure of Windows Defender. If you install Windows Defender manually, the Windows update error fixes.
- Go and search for the latest version of Windows Defender.
- Download the file according to your operating system.
- After download, you need to click on the downloaded file.
- You have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation of Windows Defender.
- Restart system and start Windows Update. Try the next solution in case of occurrence of the error code.
Windows Installer Restart
The Windows OS comes with installer services as that is helpful for maintenance, un-installation, and installation of software. The configuration of the Windows system programs is integrally managed by the Windows installer services.
If the configuration of the installer service becomes faulty, it causes the Windows update error 0X80070643. You need to restart the Windows update installer services to fix this issue.
- Click Windows key + R to simultaneously open Run window.
- You have to enter services.msc and tap on the OK button.
- On the new window, search for Windows Installer.
- You have to tap on the restart link.
- Next, you have to restart your system. Try to perform Windows update.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
You can run the Windows update troubleshooter to fix the hindrance for Windows update installer.
- Go to control panel.
- Search for troubleshooting in the given space.
- You will get several options, scroll down to find Window update troubleshooter and click on it.
- You have to follow on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
- After troubleshooting, restart your system and start Windows update.
Conclusion: Windows Update Installer Error 0X80070643
We hope, the Windows update installer error 0X80070643 solutions help you to fix Windows update. In case of doubts or queries, you can contact us through the comment section. Let us know the solution that worked for you to acknowledge other readers. We are always to help you, place your concerns in the comment section. To not miss any of our posts, follow us through Facebook and other social media platforms and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and guides.