You can see the web browser in the search panel of Windows 10. This search panel has Microsoft Bing integrated with it. In the Windows version launch before 1909, OS use to have registry settings which can be used to disable Bing. This setting feature was disabled in 2020 updates of May and October month.
You do not need to be panic about this update. Microsoft has launch toggle on-off Bing integration to on and off this search option in Windows.
Disabling the Bing search option will improve the quality of the local search and overall performance of your system. Users can now type windows search panel and get the result faster. Disabled Bing will not search for keywords and result in a faster response.
Microsoft disabled the “BingSearchEnabled” feature in the May 2020 update. Now if you want to disable the Bing option you have to go for a new value referred to as “DisableSearchBoxSuggestions”.
Above stated Registry, settings will turn off advertisements too. These settings cut off connection with the Bing and help you get rid of unnecessary ads through the internet.
How to disable Bing from Windows 10?
You can still disable Bing form Windows 10 settings. You just need to follow the simple steps below.
You must back up the Registry.
- Go to Registry Editor. You can type “Regedit” in the search bar of Windows and press Enter.
- Here browse the following location.
Computer \ HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Explorer.
- If you are unable to access the explorer folder, right-click on the Windows folder and create a key with the name Explorer here.
- This Explorer folder is empty by default. Right-click inside this folder and create a new value DWORD (32bit).
- You have to name the value “DisableSearchBoxSuggestions”.
- You need to set value ‘1’ to disable ads and Bing from Windows search.
- Now close Registry Editor. Restart your system or end process named ‘Search’ from the task manager.
- If you want to undo Bing disable settings you have to delete newly created value named “DisableSearchBoxSuggestions”. Reboot your operating system or end the search process.
Why I must disable Bing from Windows search?
When you disable Bing, you delete its integration with the Windows search. This improves the performance of local search results. Disabling Bing decreases the search workload from the system. You can notice the performance of the system is boosted automatically. This also improves the accuracy of your search results.
Without Bing, the integration system has to do a local search only. This saves time and effort of the computer and gives you faster results than with the Bing. Users who turned off Bing integration with the Windows search observed high CPU usage. But this gave empty search results.
This error was fixed in the update. It signifies that you have to be very careful while handling Registry settings for the core components like Bing.