Well, if you get this kind of error ‘This Operating System is not supported. Setup will exit’, then don’t get annoyed. Have patience and get ready for the solution. We are here, to offer you the best and effective solution, which will resolve this issue in a quick span of time. But before moving ahead, let’s see the cause behind this error.
Why does the error ‘This Operating System is not supported’ appear?
The Operating System has its own feature and supports the only driver which fulfills the minimum requirement. If the driver is not compatible, then the Operating System will fail to accept the same and will display an error ‘This Operating System is not supported’.
How to Fix the issue ‘This Operating System is not supported, Setup will exit’?
The solution to this issue is quite simple and to accomplish the task, you will have to go through the two processes; firstly you will have to update the driver and secondly, update the Windows. So, let’s get into the brief.
Windows 10 is an outstanding Operating system with remarkable features and one such is the Automatic Updates. This feature usually performs such task and updates most of the system files and drivers. However, if Automatic Updates is disabled or not working properly, then go manually and wind up the task. On the off chance, if you are not aware of the manual process, then follow the process listed beneath.
- Budge your cursor to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and select ‘Device Manager’ from the list of featured options.
- A new window will appear which will show some options and your task is to navigate and update the driver. However, if you are not aware of the driver, then move to the processors’ section (usually problems occur from this side) and then expand it. Now, select the driver and update it.
- Thereafter, a new window will appear which will ask you for the execution way, either window will do it automatically or else you can choose the driver from your computer and then the window will update the same. Well, the ball is in your court, so you can play as your solace. But, if you are aware of the driver path, then select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’.
- Now, select the path of the driver by clicking on the ‘Browse’ button. After selecting the driver, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, sit idle and allow the Windows to complete the task.
- However, if you are not aware of the actual driver, then you can select the former option, i.e. ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
Download the Device Driver
Drivers mostly get corrupted, so if you met with this situation, then simply visit the official website of the company who’s Laptop you own. For example, if you have an HP Laptop, then visit the website of HP. After landing on the page, you will have to find out the driver and then install on your Laptop. The detailed steps for the process are listed beneath.
- Open your browser and move to the official website of Samsung. Here, Samsung is taken as an example, you can choose as per your requirement.
- Now, move to the Driver section and then select your Gadget, i.e. Laptop.
- After selecting the device, select the Model of the device you are using.
- Soon, you will get the list of drivers, select the required one and download the driver.
- After downloading the file, open the downloaded folder and then right-click on the file and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Thereafter, the driver will start installing and your job is to follow the on-screen instructions carefully. After the completion of the process, click on the close button.
- Now, restart your computer to accomplish the task.
Generally, Windows gets updated automatically and synchronizes its features. However, if your windows updates are pending, then you can go for the manual process. The detailed method is listed beneath, go through the same and execute it carefully.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and select ‘Settings’ from the list of applications.
- A new window will feature on your screen with few options, select ‘Update and Security’.
- Thereafter, Window update page will open and it will show the summary of updates, i.e. the last update.
- The page will also feature few options and one such is the ‘Check for updates’; click on it.
- Now you relax and allow the Windows to scan the pending jobs to be done.
- After updating the Windows, you will need to restart your computer.
These effective solutions will resolve the above-said issue ‘This Operating System is not supported’. Let us know in the comment section which method worked for you? Wanna some more DeviceTricks? Stay tuned to this space to get the latest updates on errors related to Windows, macOS, and Android.
If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our Facebook page.