If you encounter “The RPC server is unavailable” error on your Windows 10 nothing to worry about it with few simple steps you can fix the error. Don’t feel yourself an unfortunate one in case you encounter “The RPC server is unavailable” error. There are many reasons why this error is shown on the screen. Devicetricks experts are here to guide you to solve the issue.
- 1 What is RPC Server and what the error implies?
- 1.1 The common reason behind the error
- 1.2 “The RPC server is unavailable “error in Windows 10: Solutions
- 2 Conclusion
What is RPC Server and what the error implies?
The full form of RPC server is remote procedure call. The RPC server plays a major role in allowing a proper channel for communication between the different processes to perform a task. It helps in channelizing a proper pathway between a client and a server on a network or on a local machine. Technically speaking it creates a networking system of it’s own where RPC server will open a port, communicate with the destination service or server and when a response will be received it will set up a call and transfer the entire data to the destination. If you encounter a malfunction while building a communication then “The RPC server is unavailable” error shows up on the screen.
The common reason behind the error
- To run the RPC server it requires few add-on services running in the background but currently if you are facing the “The RPC server is unavailable” on Windows 10 then it might be possible that files running in the background are corrupted.
- This kind of error can also be encountered if the registry files are corrupted. In order to fix this error on should check registry Windows 10.
- It is also possible that the file and printer sharing has been disabled or.
- A network connectivity issues might have encountered in running the system.
- Registry data required for the RPC server might face any defects.
- If the firewall blocks the traffic it is possible that the error “The RPC server is unavailable” Windows 10 may show up.
Fortunately, it is possible to eliminate all these issues in just a few simple steps. Device tricks experts have listed down below the detailed troubleshooting methods which will help in fixing the error.
- Make sure the RPC services are working properly.
- Recheck the Windows firewall settings.
- Verify the network connections.
- Resolve the Windows registry problem
- Verify the Windows drivers.
1. Ensure the RPC services are working properly
- In order to open the Run program press Windows + R key altogether and type services.msc and hit Enter button.
- Search for DCOM Server process launcher in the service Window.
- Select Remote Procedure Call (RPC) in the next tab.
- Now select RPC Endpoint Mapper.
- Check each one of their statuses is set to Running and startup set to Automatic.
2. Recheck the Windows firewall settings
- In Start Window search for Firewall and open Windows Defender Firewall.
- In Windows Firewall window click on Allow an App or feature through Windows Defender Firewall option shown in the left pane.
- In the shown list search for Remote Assistance and ensure that it is marked checked. If it is not marked checked to click on Change settings and do the necessary changes. Press OK to save the changes.
3. Verify the network connections
- To check the network connections open the Run program and type ncpa.cpl and press OK.
- In the window shown on the display right-click on the Network connection in use and select Properties from the menu.
- Ensure that the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option is marked as checked. If not do it manually by clicking on the checkboxes.
4. Resolve the Windows registry problem
- Log in to your system as an Administrator.
- Open the Run program and type regedit and click Enter.
- In Windows Registry navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcSs and check if the entries are not missing.
- If the startup type wasn’t set to automatic double click on “Start” and set the DWORD value to 2. Click OK to save the changes.
- Sequentially navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\Services\DcomLaunch and ensure the entries are not missing.
- Double click on the Start and check the type settings. Now set to automatic and set the DWORD value as 2. To save the changes press on OK.
- Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Services\RpcEptMapper and check if any entries are missing. If the last entries are not correct then double click on the “Start” key, set the value as 2 click on OK and save the changes.
- Close the registry editor window and check if it helped in fixing “The RPC server is unavailable” error on Windows 10.
5. Verify the Windows Drivers
- Log into your system as an Administrator.
- Open the Run program and type cmd in the search box and press Ok to open the window.
- In the command prompt window type Verifier / Driver and hit Enter to run the process.
- Restart the computer after finishing the process and check for the error.
If you are facing any type of errors related to computers or mobiles please visit our website to get some really helpful tutorials or feel free to write us back in our comment box if you are facing any issue.