While you are trying to launch your game on your Windows PC and if it fails to open. You might face this error in such circumstances. The program can’t start because the PhysXloader.dll is missing from your computer. Isn’t it? If this is also your case then need not worry. The physxloader.dll error occurs when the physxloader.dll is missing or corrupted. The PhysX DLL file is related to the NVIDIA engine PhysX physics. In this guide, I will walk you through the steps to fix this error.
What is Physxloader.dll?
As the name suggests Physxloader.dll is a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file. This file is linked with the Physxloader Dynamic Link Library, which is a component of NVIDIA PhysX. As a critical component of Nvidia, this DLL file is necessary for launching games. Nvidia PhysX enhances your gaming experience via the graphics card. Commonly, a physxloader.dll error occurs on the opening games program on your computer.
Why Physxloader.dll is Missing Error occurs?
There are many reasons for the occurrence of physxloader.dll is missing error. You can go through the causes of the physxloader.dll error to understand the occurrence of the issue and how to fix it.
- Corrupt physxloader.dll (Dynamic Link Library) may cause error. You have to replace the existing DLL file with the new physxloader.dll file to fix the issue.
- Physxloader.dll is missing error occurs when the file doesn’t exist due to any of the reasons like unknowingly deleted the file or by mistake deleted the file. You have to place the new physxloader.dll file in the specific folder of program files in Local Disc: C to fix the issue.
- If the NVIDIA driver is missing in your system then also this error occurs, you have to download and install NVIDIA to resolve the issue.
- The inappropriate running of the system causes the physxloader.dll file to work abruptly which raises the error. You have to restart your system to fix the issue.
- Outdated Physxloader.dll that is incompatible with the present game also creates such error. You have to update NVIDIA in your system to resolve the issue.
Common Error messages to Physxloader.dll Error
Physxloader.dll is missing or not found error message may appear during Windows installation, startup, or while using certain programs. It occurs mainly for games because games require physxloader.dll to start games. If the file is missing, the game throws an error without opening completely. Users reported various error messages related to this. Here are some common physxloader.dll error messages:
- Physxloader.dll Not Found
- Cannot find [PATH]\physxloader.dll
- The file physxloader.dll is missing
- This program can’t continue because physxloader.dll is missing from your computer
- This application failed to start because physxloader.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: physxloader.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
- Application start failed due to the physxloader.dll is not found. Re-installing application fixes the problem.
Continue reading to know more about the PhysX download, and how to fix physxloader.dll is missing issue.
How to Fix Physxloader.dll is Missing or Not Found Error?
You can follow the below ways to fix the physxloader.dll is Missing Error. You can let us know the way that worked for you to make others aware which works for most of the people. However, the solution varies from system to system. So you have to try all the solutions to get rid of the issue. If you face any issue or in case of doubt, you can contact us through the comment section.
In some cases, the issue is nothing but files are not running properly due to improper start of the system. You have to perform a simple restart of your system to fix the error related to physxloader.dll is Missing. If it doesn’t work for you move on to the next solution to fix the error at the earliest possible.
Restore From Recycle Bin
As we all know that the deleted files present in the Recycle Bin. If you don’t clear the recycle bin storage for sure the file still exists in the Recycle Bin.
- Open recycle bin present on your system desktop screen. If not found, you can search on the start menu bar.
- It’s tough to search from a lot of the files. You can type physxloader.dll in the search box of the recycle bin window.
- If you can trace the file, right-click on the file, and choose to restore option. You can also select the file and click on the restore button on the menu bar.
- Now, restart your system. Try to access the game that caused the error.
Note: Recycle bin containing the physxloader.dll file fixes the issue. If you can’t find the file skip to the next solution.
You can perform a system restore to fix the physxloader.dll error.
- Go to the control panel and navigate to system & security.
- Click on backup & restore option.
- Choose Recover system settings or your computer.
- On the next screen, choose the open system restore.
- You have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the system restore to the previous version.
Run Antivirus Scan
You have to perform an antivirus scan to remove the virus from your system.
- Go online and download antivirus from your browser search.
- Install and open the antivirus program. And then run a full scan.
- You have to wait and remove the files affected with an antivirus that is not important to you.
- Restart your system to open a games program.
You can repair the Nvidia to resolve the error Physxloader.dll instead of PhysX download.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on the programs & features option after going inside the Programs section.
- Search for NVIDIA.
- If you found in the list, then select and click on the repair.
- Follow on-screen guidelines to complete the repair of NVIDIA
- Restart your computer.
You have to update Nvidia driver individually to completely come out of the error physxloader.dll is missing.
- Click the Windows button and search for the Device Manager.
- Navigate to Display adapters and click on it to expand.
- Right-click on the NVIDIA or other existing display drivers and choose the update driver option.
- Wait till the completion of the driver update and restart your system.
You have to complete perform a Windows update in your system. It updates all the programs, drivers, and programs in your system.
- Click on the start button and search for Windows update.
- Now click on the Windows update and then click on check for updates.
- Install the updates and restart your computer.
Run the PhysX software Manually
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dragon Age Ultimate Edition\redist and double-click on the PhysX.exe file.
- Launch your game and check for the error.
Copy physxloader.dll File From Friend’s PC
The PhysX download is problematic as it may download file along with the virus. If you have any trusted site, you can go and download the file and replace the file in your existing Local disc: C NVIDIA folder. Otherwise, get the physxloader.dll File from your friend’s system and copy it to your system. Here is the procedure:
- On your friend’s computer, Press Windows+E keys to open File Explorer.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32 and type physxloader.dll and press Enter to search. Locate the file and copy it.
- Now paste the file in the same location to your own computer.
- Don’t forget to restart before opening the games program.
Download and Install NVIDIA
If none of the above solutions worked out, you have to download NVIDIA to completely fix the error.
- Open browser, search for NVIDIA, and download it.
- Install the driver on following the on-screen guidelines.
- Restart your system. It works and opens the game without any error.
The Physxloader.dll is missing from your NVIDIA happens due to many of the reasons. You can try all the solutions given above as the issue cause varies from system to system. In case of doubts or queries contact us through the comments section. You can follow us through Facebook and social media sites and keep visiting our website for such guides and tutorials.