Most of the users encountered the scan errors featuring ‘An error occurred during scanning’ on the display and beneath the pop-up box exceptional details will show ‘Unable to connect to the remote server’.
If you have met with such scan errors and looking for the solution, you have landed at the right place. Here you will get the comprehensive information of the error, its causes, and the solutions. Now, go through the next stanza to know about the error cause.
- 1 What are the causes behind the Scan errors?
- 1.1 How to fix the Scan Error?
- 2 Conclusion: Scan Errors
What are the causes behind the Scan errors?
Mostly it happens that all is going well and suddenly, the pop-up box appears displaying the error amid scanning the documents. So, before looking for solutions, you must be well aware of the issue.
- Ping Error
- Internet Error
These are the top reasons which are responsible for scan errors and to fix the scan for errors issue, here you will get the illustrative solutions of each cause. Now, go through the below stanza to resolve the issue.
How to fix the Scan Error?
1] Check the Ping
Ping Command in Windows OS enables the users to get in touch with another website over the same network. The process to run the command is simple which is listed beneath.
- Press the Windows key and R keys together to open the ‘Run’ box and then type ‘CMD’ in the box. After giving the command in the Run box, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Soon, you will find the command prompt and here you need to type ‘ping google.com’ and then press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Thereafter, you will get the result and it will show the specific statistics. However, if you won’t get the result, it means your PC is not getting connected with the server and you need to resolve the same to fix scan error.
2] Fix Internet Error
- Open the ‘Edge’ browser from Windows.
- And then, click on the ‘Tool’ icon located at the top right of the page.
- Now, select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- In the ‘settings’ page, you will find the ‘Advanced settings’ section and beneath the same ‘view advanced setting’ button is located, click on it.
- In the ‘Advanced settings page’ you will get ‘Proxy setup’ and beneath it, ‘open proxy settings’ is listed, click on it.
- Thereafter, ‘Network and Internet’ page will appear, click on ‘Proxy’ located at the left end of the page.
- Soon, the ‘Automatic proxy setup’ page will appear on the screen, move to the ‘Automatically detect settings’ section and turn the radio button in ON mode.
- Move to the ‘Manual proxy setup’ section and make sure ‘Use a proxy server’ is in Off mode. However, if it is in ON mode and you access the internet through a proxy server, then be sure to enter the valid and correct address and port of the proxy server.
- After completing the task, close the Edge and check the scan for errors.
3] Update Driver to fix Scan Errors
A driver is an important tool that enables the hardware to run smoothly in the Windows OS. If the network driver is outdated, there are chances that ping driver settings are hampered and due to the same the scan error appears and to fix it, you will have to update the Network Driver by following the process enclosed below: –
- Move to the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on it and then choose ‘Device Manager’ from the featured list.
- Soon, a Device Manager page will be appeared, move to the ‘Network Adapter’ section and then double click on it to get the list of drivers.
- Now, inside the ‘Network adapter’, right-click on an item and then choose ‘Update Driver Software’ from the featured options. Repeat the process for all the drivers given inside.
- After completing the above process, restart your computer.
4] Fix Scan Errors using Troubleshooter
Windows offers ample features to the users and one such is the troubleshooting tool. This tool fixes the issues and enables the users to access the OS smoothly. So, you must utilize this tool to fix scan error and the process is very simple which is listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu.
- And then, click on the ‘Settings’ icon which is located just above the power menu.
- Thereafter, the settings page will appear which will feature Windows settings. Now, click on ‘Update and Security’.
- In this page, you will find several options at the left end of the page, click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Now move to the ‘Hardware and Devices’ section, click on it and further click on ‘Run the troubleshooter’.
- Now wait for sometimes and after the completion of the process, restart your computer.
5] Repair Corrupted system files to fix Scan Errors
The corrupted system files are one of the possible causes for scan errors, but Windows OS has a unique ability, i.e. scan and fix the corrupt files. The process is simple and the detailed steps are listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘CMD’ in the search bar and then wait for the search result.
- Now, choose command prompt from the search result, right-click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’. You can also open CMD Windows in Admin mode by pressing Win+X+A keys together.
- Thereafter, a command prompt will appear on the screen, type ‘sfc/scanow’ in the box and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- That’s it; your jobs are done and now give time to Windows to fix the corrupt system files.
6] Enable Shell Hardware Detection to fix Scan Errors
- Press the Windows and R keys together at a time to open the ‘run’ box.
- Type ‘services.msc’ in the box and click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, the services page will appear on the screen, move to the ‘Shell Hardware Detection’ section by scrolling down the page.
- Select ‘Shell Hardware Detection’ and then right-click on it to select ‘Properties’.
- In the properties page, you will get the status section, if it is turned off, then click on the ‘Start’ button and further click on the ‘OK’ button.
7] Update Windows to fix Scan Errors
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and further click on the ‘Settings’ icon symbolized with the gear icon.
- After that, a settings page will appear, click on ‘Update and Security’.
- In this page, you will find ‘check for updates’ in the Update section, click on it.
- Now wait for a while and allow the Windows to complete the process.
Conclusion: Scan Errors
Hence, these were the comprehensive and effective solutions against the scan for errors issue. However, if you stuck amid the process and need any assistance, then write your queries in the comment box. Our techies will reply to you with some proficient solutions to resolve the issue immediately.