Did your Windows 10 system showing the error message PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA with a blue screen when you restart or boot the system? And wondering how to fix Page fault in nonpaged area Windows 10 error or the stop code 0X00000050?
Then you are in the right place. In this article, you will find complete information about the error and as well as the possible solutions to fix the BSOD error.
The Windows 10 Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area blue screen is a unique and irritating error that numbers of users are encountering and complaining about the error in the forum sites.
And, if you are one among them and struggling to fix this BSOD error then luckily there are ways that help you to troubleshoot this Windows stop code error.
So, keep reading the article, to follow the working solutions but first learn what this error is and why it appears?
What is PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Windows 10 Error?
PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA is a blue screen of death (BSOD) error and is related to both the software and hardware.
And the error specifies that your device was requesting a memory page to work continuously but the page in unable and as a result the Windows OS cannot continue the running process.
And as a result, it starts crashing and shows the page_fault_in_nonpaged_area blue screen error. Some users also reported they are getting the error while running any application or some games.
Commonly, the nonpaged area is linked to physical RAM and this also limits the virtual memory and the maximum number of processes. And there are a number of factors responsible for the error that will discuss later.
Also, there are two possible circumstances related to the error.
- You are able to restart the PC and as well log into Windows successfully.
- Or you are unable to start the Windows system. And if are unable to boot Windows then simply boot into Safe Mode or use Automatic Repair
Now, learn what causes this Page fault in nonpaged area Windows 10 error.
Why “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA” Error occurs?
Well, there are many possible reasons responsible for the error stop code page fault in nonpaged area, here check out some of them:
- Most commonly when the system cannot find data stored in non-paged area
- Hardware corruption or malfunctioning
- Outdated system drivers
- Corrupted Windows system files
- Due to operating system data structures
- Licensing issues
- RAM issues
So, these are some of the possible reasons, now learn how to solve Windows 10 Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD error.
How Do I Fix PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Error in Windows 10?
Well, there is no exact solution that works for you to fix stop code Page fault in nonpaged area, so here I had listed some of the tested possible solutions, make sure to follow them accordingly.
But if your Windows 10 system is starting then make sure to boot your Windows 10 in safe mode. You can read our guide to learn how to boot Windows 10 in safe mode.
Check the Hard Disk and the RAM
As mentioned above the error is related to memory, so make sure to verify your hard drives and RAM as they both are related to memory.
And if they are damaged or corrupted then this may lead to the Microsoft stop code error. Therefore follow the steps to check them properly or if needed just replace them.
Follow the steps to do so:
- First open File Explorer window > click This PC. You can also open it from the desktop icon.
- Now select a drive, right-click on it and go with Properties.
- And go to the Tools tab and under Error-checking box, click the Check button.
- Next click Scan drive to run this.
- You can see the bad sectors and file system are scanned and repaired.
Now restart your Windows 10 computer and follow the steps given below.
- Open the Command Prompt window > enter the given command: chkdsk e:/f/r.
Please Note – The letter “e” stands for a drive letter. Try to replace it as per your drive letter.
Now your hard drive issues are fixed.
Here follow the steps to check your RAM.
Method 1: Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Hit Windows + S keys and in the Search box type Windows Memory Diagnostic. Click on the first option shown in the result.
- A program pops up > select Restart now and checks for problems.
- Wait till the memory diagnosis process is running. This may take a couple of minutes.
Method 2: In the Event Viewer locate the Result of Memory Diagnosis
- When the computer restart automatically > press Windows + R > in Run box > and in Run dialog box > type eventvwr.
- And go to Windows Logs > System.
- Then in the right box click Filter Current Log.
- Now in the Event sources drop-down menu choose MemoryDiagnostics-Results to show memory test entire logs.
- Next click OK.
And to see the complete information double-click the latest log result, check if your RAM is working fine or not. If not then visit the computer professional to replace the RAM or add more RAM to your computer.
Close Fast Startup
Well, the fast startup feature is used to reduce the Windows startup time, but many time the feature start causing various errors like Blue screen or black screen of death error.
And many users confirmed that disabling the Fast Startup feature in Windows 10 works for them to solve the Windows stop code error including the page fault in nonpaged area Windows 10 error.
Follow the steps to disable the fast startup feature:
- Click the Start button > and click on the Settings.
- Now choose System.
- Navigate to Power & sleep > and click Additional power settings.
- Now at the left corner, click Choose what the power button does.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- And then uncheck Turn on fast startup > click Save changes.
Check if the BSOD error is fixed, if not then head to the next solution.
Disable Your Antivirus Temporarily
Check if you are running a third-party antivirus then this must be interfering with your system or the application installed and as a result causes the Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area error.
So in this case it is advised to temporarily disable the antivirus and as per the users, this worked for them. Try disabling the antivirus program installed on your Windows 10 system and check if this works for you, then contact the antivirus service provider and ask them the antivirus is causing the error and help you to fix the error.
You can also disable the Windows Defender security program temporarily and follow the steps to do so:
- First, open Settings then go to Update & Security.
- And click on Windows Security and then click Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings click on Manage settings.
- And disable the Real-time protection.
Moreover, if you are running a free version antivirus then try switching your antivirus and check if the page fault in the nonpaged area in Windows 10 appears or not.
Many times the stop code appears due to the outdated or corrupted system drivers. So, check if your drivers are outdated or incompatible with the Windows 10 system.
Try updating the driver to solve the problem, follow the steps given below to do so:
- First, press Windows + X keys > choose Device Manager and expand the directory to locate the culprit driver.
- Note: you can see a yellow error mark near the corrupted or outdated driver. Just right-click the driver with yellow mark sign > choose Update driver.
- Next in the appears window > choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
Now after updating the entire system drivers, check if the Microsoft stop code, including page_fault_in_nonpaged_area error, is fixed or not.
Repair Corrupted System Files
As mentioned many times due to corrupted Windows system files the blue screen starts appearing with the error code page_fault_in_nonpaged_area in Windows 10.
So, in this case, it best to scan your system with the inbuilt System File Checker (SFC) tool to repair corrupted system files.
But if performing the SFC scan won’t work for you then it is advised to run other inbuilt DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Now follow the steps to run the SFC scan:
- Open Command Prompt, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- And in the command prompt > type sfc /scannow > hit Enter.
- Wait for the scanning process to finish it will take approx. 15 min.
After that exit the command prompt and restart your system and check if the and Windows stopcode page fault in nonpaged area error is resolved.
But if the error still persists then try running the DISM tool and to do so, follow the steps given.
- Again open the command prompt as admin and type the below-given commands and hit Enter after each
dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Now, wait for the scanning process to complete this will take at least 30 minutes and restart your Windows 10 system.
It is expected now the BSOD stop code page fault in nonpaged area error is resolved but if then follows the next solutions.
Increase the Virtual Memory
Virtual memory in the computer creates a part of disk space serves as a memory to reduce memory stress. Moreover, if the physical memory is huge enough then also the virtual memory is required for improving the physical constancy.
So, here it is expected that increasing the virtual memory may works for you to solve the problem.
Follow the steps to do so:
Method 1: Open Virtual Memory Setting Interface and change the paging file size
- First, open File Explorer > right-click This PC > choose Properties.
- Now in the window appear to choose Advanced system settings.
- And in the Performance box > click Settings.
- Then in the Performance Options window go to Advanced page > and click Change in the Virtual memory box.
- Next, uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Choose partition C, > tick mark No paging file > click Set to save changes.
- Then in the window popup click Yes.
Method 2: Now on non-system partition set a suitable virtual memory
- Here choose a non-system partition > check the Custom size.
- And set the same value in Initial size as well as Maximum size to prevent the system from often requesting page files of different sizes. And can also reduce the system resources consumption and as well as optimizes the system efficiency.
- Lastly, click Set and OK to save the changes.
Please Note: The value must be 1.5 times or twice the physical memory, you can see the physical memory size in This PC > properties
So, check if the Windows 10 Page fault in nonpaged area blue screen of death error is fixed. But if not then the problem might be with your hardware, so follow the next solution
Run Hardware Troubleshooter
As it already stated that the hardware errors can also cause the Stop Code PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error, so try running the Hardware Troubleshooter to check the problems related to your hardware.
Follow the steps to run it:
- Go to the Start menu and click Settings.
- Click Update & security.
- Go to Troubleshoot > then select Hardware and Devices. And then click Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait for the complete to finish the scanning process and detect the hardware issues.
If there is any error then after the scanning process is finished error is displayed like what is causing the problem.
So, check the problem and get it fixed, but if no error appears then it is clear the Microsoft stop code error is not related to a hardware problem, so simply head to the next solution.
Reset This PC
If none of the above-given solutions won’t work for you to solve Microsoft stop code including page fault in nonpaged area Windows 10 error.
Then here it is advised to reset this PC, follow the steps on how to run Reset this PC.
- Click on Settings then click Update & Security.
- Then click Recovery >and on the right Get Started.
- Now select whether to Keep my files or Remove everything.
- And follow the onscreen instructions
It is estimated now the page_fault_in_nonpaged_area BSOD error is resolved. But if in case the error still persists then simply reinstall your Windows 10 system. But before reinstalling make sure to back up your data first.
So, here I am concluding my article.
I hope the information given in the article works for you to solve the Windows 10 PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error. Make sure to follow the solutions given carefully one by one in your Windows 10 system.
If there is anything that I missed out, or you have better suggestions then feel free to share with us in the comment section below, we love to hear from you.