Err_Cache_Miss or Confirm form resubmission error! Sounds like your problem? Folks you are not only one to encounter this kind of error. There are many more like you facing the same problem and wondering how to resolve it?
Don’t panic. You have landed on the right platform. Device Tricks is the right place where you can access free tutorials to fix “Err_Cache_Miss” or “Confirm form resubmission” error. But before that let’s have a close insight into the problem.
An outlook to Err_cache_miss or Confirm Form Resubmission Error
As we all know Google Chrome is one of the featured web browsers used by many of us. To maintain this popularity among its users they have been rolling out various featured updates from time to time. There is no doubt this, such updates push the browser towards complexity and make it more prone to various types of errors. That’s why today you are here!
Almost every one of us may come across err_cache_miss error with Confirm form resubmission message. This “Err_Cache_Miss” error usually occurs while browsing in Google Chrome has really something to do with cache. It occurs accompanying a dialogue box pop up when your browser is having trouble caching a site, or a web application’s cache. Many users complain that they encounter the pop up stating the following message:
Confirm Form Resubmission
The webpage requires data that you entered earlier in order to be properly displayed. You can send the data again, but by doing so you will repeat any action this page previously performed. ERR__CACHE_MISS
While some of the users have encountered this also
The site can’t be loaded from the cache
The saved (cached) copy of this site was unreachable.
Confirm Form Resubmission
The page you’re looking for used information that you entered. returning to that page might cause any action you took to be repeated. Do you want to continue?
No matter what pop-up you have encountered out of these. All these pop-up dialogues and messages occur when pressing the back or refresh button (try to go back to the previous page). All these relating to Err_Cache_Miss or Confirm Form Resubmission. Though the Superuser posters considered this as a sort of feature in spite of calling it an error. Still, after so many threads by the users in various forums, this is persistent.
Now the area of concern is “Err_Cache_Miss” is generated by many factors that add up one by one and make the browsing complicated. However, the positive thing is you can get rid of the cache error. As with any browser issue, there are so many ways to fix this one also. Before that, you might be interested in knowing why this message appears in Google Chrome.
Why Confirm Form Resubmission appears in Google Chrome?
As we have discussed earlier that the Superuser posters deal with this pop-up as a feature by Google Chrome which acts as a warning. The Google Chrome developer has built it to prevent browsers to avoid duplicacy in post actions on forms accidentally.
Moreover, you will face this message only on those sites which contain any type of form such as:
- Credit card forms for performing transactions
- Sign up and login forms
- Contact forms such as our contact pages on websites
- Search forms for searching any database
- Anything that has to deal with any type of add, edit or delete entries on a database
Just for example, if you visit any site to buy something. After adding the product in your cart you need to proceed towards check out followed by the payment. In today’s era most of us use credit cards for such payments. After filling the required information of the card you need to click on submit to finish the process.
Now at this stage, if you refresh that page either knowingly or accidentally the browser will require the whole data that you entered earlier to send again. This way there are chances that you will be charged twice if you weren’t asked to “confirm form resubmission”.
Anyway, it is only one example that all of us might have observed. The basic purpose behind this PHP code is to save us from repeating the same task.
Being one feature by Google Chrome most of the users don’t like this message to encounter and they often search about methods to turn off Confirm Form Resubmission on Chrome.
Also Read: Err_Connection_Reset in Google Chrome.
Causes of Confirm Form Resubmission (PHP Error)
The root cause behind this Confirm Form Resubmission error is the weakly built module of Google Chrome which is responsible for the forward and backward movement of any web page.
Apart from this, there are some other reasons also behind this error. For beginners, it could be due to incorrect coding on their site or application. Besides, it could be a bug also or something like a corrupt extension in Google Chrome. The following are the causes of the confirm form resubmission.
- A poor internet connection.
- If the browser is unable to obtain the cache files from the webpage, you will get this error.
- In case, the website settings are improper you will surely get the confirm form resubmission issue.
- Any page that contain a certain kind of information has refreshed.
- If you press the back button or refresh the browser amid of the form being submitted.
- It is also due to some of the bugs that are present in your web browser. The corrupted extension or some other reasons in your browser causes the error.
- The website arises to confirm form resubmission due to security reasons.
Now you have come to know the reasons behind this so-called error. You can solve the confirm form resubmission by these solutions:
How to fix PHP error Confirm Form Resubmission (Err_cache_miss) in Google Chrome?
The confirm form resubmission is not only occurring in Google Chrome but also occurs in various websites with different names. The name err_cache_miss confirm form resubmission message is exclusively seen in the Google Chrome browser.
Check if the Internet is working properly
In most of the cases, the issue Err_Cache_Miss occurs due to poor or unavailability of internet connection. To check for this just open any other site. If another site is opening properly then there is nothing wrong with your internet and the problem lies somewhere else.
Ensure the browser is working properly
Once you have checked for the working of the Internet then it comes to the browser part. Try opening the same site in other browsers. If the site opens properly in the other browser then it means that the problem is with your browser only. In that case, just uninstall the browser and reinstall it and change the browser settings to default.
By doing this you will be assured that both the internet and the browser are working properly and you need to move ahead towards the other solutions.
Reload Page to fix PHP error Confirm Form Resubmission (Err_cache_miss) in Google Chrome
The first and foremost thing you should try to fix the err_cache_miss reload the page. You should click on the reload button as shown in the screen or click on the F5 button to refresh the page.
Remove Browsing Data and Cache to fix PHP error Confirm Form Resubmission in Google Chrome
Most of the times, confirm form resubmission occurs due to cache in your Google Chrome browser. You can clear the browser data and cache on following the below procedure.
- Open your browser.
- Click on the Menu option present at the top right corner of the window.
- From the drop-down list, you need to choose settings options.
- On the new window, scroll down till the bottom and click on the advanced button.
- Now, navigate to the clear browsing data option present under the section of privacy & security. Click on it.
- On the pop-up window, under the advanced section, choose all time from the time rage.
- Scroll down to look after all the options and up-tick them all. And then click on the clear data option to delete them.
- After the restart of your system, open the browser and access the website. Hope it goes well without causing an error err_cache_miss.
Note: You should note that on deleting cache, browsing the history, and all will delete all the data of password, auto-fill, history, cache, and everything. The browser looks at the newly installed one.
Disable Conflicting Browser Extension
The installed browser extensions and toolbars conflicts also cause confirm form resubmission error. Here, the one or more extensions block the normal working of the browser and throw the err_cache_miss error. You need to find the culprits and disable or delete permanently according to your requirements.
- You have to open your browser. Click on the Menu option present at the top-right corner of the browser window. You will get drop-down options, navigate to more tools. On the next set of options, choose Extensions.
- Delete the extensions which are not useful to you. Check the rest of the extensions which are suspicious and click on the Disable button to check if everything works fine.
- You need to do this for every suspicious extension and restart the browser to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
- The confirm form resubmission due to the browser extension conflict surely resolve on following the above steps.
Use Developer Tools to Fix PHP error Confirm Form Resubmission (Err_cache_miss) in Google Chrome
You have to open developer tools to disable cache. The corrupt cache file may cause the error to avoid it you need to disable cache option on below steps.
- You need to click simultaneously shift + Ctrl + I from the keyboard. You can also open developer tools on going through the menu section on the screen > click on more tools > from the list, you can choose developer tools option.
- Now, click on the menu option on the developer tools screen. And next, choose settings.
- Here, scroll down to find disable cache option and up-tick it.
- It helps you to disable the cache and to fix the issue related to the cache.
Reset Browser Settings
The change in the browser settings also causes the err_cache_miss error. You need to reset the settings to get them into the default settings.
- Open browser. Click on the menu option. You need to choose settings from the drop-down choices.
- On the new window, you need to choose the advanced option present on the bottom of the window.
- You have to choose the reset option reset at the bottom of the window.
- Now, you have to confirm on the pop-up window.
- Finally, your browser settings are reset to default. You need to restart your browser and try to access the website that is causing the error. Hope that the website is accessible without causing confirm form resubmission error.
Reset Network Settings
The network settings may result in the cache error. You have to reset network settings to fix the confirm form resubmission error.
- Go to the start button. Search for CMD and click on it.
- The CMD new window opens.
- You have to type the following commands one by one to reset the network.
You have to click on the enter button after each command to execute it. If you face any issue on executing any of the following commands, you can let us know in the comment section to get a solution to it.
netsh winsock reset
- All the commands executions are done; your network settings reset is successful.
- You need to close all the windows and restart your system. Now, try to access the website, hope the issue is not present.
Disable Confirm Form Resubmission Prompt on Google Chrome (ERR_CACHE_MISS)
Here I will show you the best solutions to disable this pop-up. Still, it is always recommended that you don’t need to apply these solutions, as this message works as an alert feature, especially where the financial implication is involved.
#1. Avoid using Back Button or Update Chrome
As this pop-up is a feature alert, It is always recommended not to disable this. You should avoid using the back button or refresh the page while submitting any form. After successful submission of the form just close that tab and use any other link.
Most of the time the Confirm Form resubmission issue resolves itself while updating Google Chrome. So it is always better to check for the latest updates.
#2. Disable Confirm Form Resubmission from Chrome
Disable the Confirm Form Resubmission feature from Chrome, if you’re Windows user;
- Right-click on the Chrome shortcut and select properties
- In the target field, add -disable-prompt-on-repost just after chrome.exe
For example, if the target is
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe”C:\ program files ( x 86) \ Google\ Chrome\ Application\Chrome.exe
Simply change the above target URL with
“C:\ program files (x86)\ Google\ Chrome\ application\Chrome.exe”-disable-prompt-on repost
- Exit the browser and re-open it using the same shortcut.
- Now check for the pop-up.
Note: Now you have two shortcuts for the Chrome browser. One will be having the default properties while the other will have configured with the above-mentioned method. It totally depends on you to use the particular shortcut depending upon the type of usage required. For the security point of view, it is recommended to use the shortcut with the default properties to use while performing the task pertaining to any financial implications.
#3 Disable Confirm Form Resubmission from Chrome using Get in place of POST
The previous method is replacing the POST method. Here you have to use GET in place of POST.GET and POST is both HTTP methods. HTTP is a link between the client and server that lets the client get data from the server. To resolve the Confirm Form Resubmission you have to replace the POST method by GET method. Follow these steps to replace
- Just remove the post from the URL and paste GET in place
For example if the URL is
<form action=”index.php?load=SEARCH” method=”post”>
It will look like this after replacing the post
<form action=”index.php?load=SEARCH” method=”get”>
All the fixes given above are the top fixes to the error err_cache_miss confirm form resubmission message. You can try them and let us know which solution worked for you. Wanna get some more Device Tricks? Follow our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to never miss an update.