Sometimes your Xbox console may not able to fix a valid DNS address to connect to the internet successfully, then you may get the DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names error. Many of the users encounter this error when they are using a wireless network for access. If you are also coming across the same issue, then you have come to the right page.
Microsoft believes to offer the utmost services to the users which include a handy Operating System, a fast and smooth browser- ‘Edge’ and gaming zone- Xbox. The entire services of Microsoft enable users to enjoy and experience the digital world in an efficient manner.
- 1 What is DNS isn’t resolving the Xbox server names error?
- 2 Conclusion
What is DNS isn’t resolving the Xbox server names error?
But if you have noticed an error message on the display stating ‘DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names’ this happens when Xbox fails to read the DNS to get connected to the Internet. So, the reason might be the invalid DNS address or from the console end. So, all you need to fix them to enjoy the salient features of Xbox.
How to fix DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names error?
As stated earlier the issues may be from the end of invalid DNS address, so you need to set the same manually and for your convenience, the steps are listed below.
1] Set DNS Address
- Press the Start button and then click on the ‘Settings’ icon located above the power menu. In the ‘Settings’ page, you will get the ‘Network and Internet’ section, click on it.You can also open the control panel by pressing Win+X+P keys together and then click on the ‘Network and Internet’ option from the menu.
- After that, the Network Status page will appear and you need to scroll down the page to select ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- Soon a page will appear that will provide the basic network information and at the left end of the page you will get few options, click on ‘Change adapter settings’.
- Now select your preferred network, right-click on it and choose ‘Properties’ from the list.
- After that, a new pop-up window will appear and you need to select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) by clicking on the checkbox. And after selecting IP version 4, click on the ‘Properties’ button.
- Thereafter, A new window will appear which will give you access to set the DNS address. Click on ’Obtain an IP address automatically’ and also select the radio button of ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’. Here you will have to enter 22.214.171.124 in front of the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box and enter 126.96.36.199 in front of the ‘Alternate DNS Server’ box. After finishing the task, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now restart your computer and connect the consoles to the Internet to resolve Xbox one DNS error.
2] Reset Your Router
It may be possible that your router is not configured properly and hence led to DNS isn’t resolving the Xbox server names Xbox one error and to fix the same you need to reset your router in default settings. The steps for the above-mentioned solution are listed below, just follow it properly.
- Disconnect all the peripherals from your router.
- Now turn it back and look for the reset button, some manufacturers provide the reset button and some just offer a tiny hole instead of a button. So, in this case, you will require a paper pin.
- Insert the paper pin inside the hole which states ‘reset’.
- Now, connect all the peripherals to the router and then start it.
- After completing the above task, you need to check if the Xbox console is connecting the Internet successfully.
3] Update Network Driver
It is always recommended to access the updated network driver for the effective connectivity of the application to the Internet and failing the same result to Xbox one DNS error. So to resolve the same you need to update the Network adapter and the steps are listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Device Manager’ in the search bar and then press the ‘Enter’ key. You can also open it directly by pressing Win+X+M keys together.
- A device manager page will appear on the screen, move to the ‘Network adapter’ section and double click on it to get the list of drivers.
- After getting the drivers list, select the one and thereafter right-click on it and choose to ‘Update Driver Software’.
- Wait for a while and allow the Windows to complete the task. After finishing the process, make sure to restart your computer.
That’s it; your job is done. On the off chance, if you need any assistance then feel free to post your query in the comment box. Our techies will assist you and will resolve any issues which are annoying you. Hence, stay in touch with us to access the OS without any interruption.