Are you the one receiving “No Route error on Discord” while trying to join voice channel on Discord. Wondering what went wrong and how to fix Discord no route error?
Then Relax! I am here to help you out. In this article, you will get the best possible solutions to fix Discord RTC Connecting No Route error in Windows 10.
What is Discord?
If you are a gamer, then while playing video games you might have used Discord? This was initially released in the year 2015. This app is just like Skype, Teamspeak, or Slack.
Well, Discord is a trustworthy application and is appreciated by the subcultures and gamers for its community tools.
Discord is used to organize all the gamers long enough to get a game running truly. It is very much popular amongst gamers due to its amazing features such as video calls, voice chat, text, and empowers its users to get in touch however they demand.
This app is useful if you are playing PC games. It ensures chatting much easy and extends search functions that can help you find other people and add them to a friend list for agile communication.
But recently many users are reporting Discord is causing issues and errors, commonly while connecting to the voice channel. And one such error is “No route error on Discord”.
Nevertheless, the Good news is that there are fixes that work for you to get rid of the Discord stuck on connecting voice and the No Route error on Discord.
So, without wasting time, first, have a quick glance at why the error occurs?
What does “No Route Error on Discord” mean?
Recently many users are reporting Discord is causing issues and errors, commonly while connecting to the voice channel. And one such error is “No route error on Discord”. In this error, Discord is being stopped in its tracks while trying to connect to a voice server. There are a few different types of errors reported by users while they were failing to connect to voice:
- No Route
- ICE Checking
- Stuck RTC Connecting
More or less these errors might be looking different but typically related to the same kind of problem. Nevertheless, the Good news is that there are fixes that work for you to get rid of the Discord stuck on connecting voice and the No Route error on Discord.
So, without wasting time, first, have a quick glance at why the error occurs?
Why I am Getting Discord No Route Error?
As mentioned above, the error appears while trying to connect to a voice channel in the Discord server, because the ISP/Network on the user end is unable to connect, and as a result Discord keeps disconnecting. You may face this error in the following circumstances:
- If Discord is blocked by Network Admin
- Dynamic IP changing regularly
- Incompatibility of Server Voice region with a client
- If your Network doesn’t support QoS
- Using a VPN without UDP (User Datagram Protocol)
- Antivirus and Firewall interferences
So now follow the solutions given below with apt attention to fix Discord No Route error in Windows 10 by yourself.
How Do I Fix Discord No Route Error?
Below I have mentioned several different methods to fix this error. Users in a similar situation as you have followed these methods and got their error resolved. Make sure to follow the given fixes carefully to avoid further issues. You need not try all the methods, just work down the list one by one until your error is fixed.
Restart Your Computer and Router
Restarting is always a quick way to fix common glitches, so here it is suggested to restart your PC and router as well.
It may happen the IPv6 connection is interrupted by the changing dynamic IP and causes the “No Route” error on Discord.
Well, if you are not well aware of how to do so then follow the below-given steps:
- To restart the router – Unplug the power cable and plug it back after a couple of minutes.
- To restart your PC/laptop – Go to Start > click Power > choose Restart to restart your device right away.
And after restarting, try to connect your voice channel to Discord servers and check if discord RTC connecting No Route error is fixed.
Disable the VPN
A VPN connection is another possible reason for No Route error. The Discord application is unable to run with this VPN that doesn’t have a User Datagram Protocol (UDP).
So, to fix the error simply disable the VPN completely, and after that try connecting to Discord to the voice server.
But if, in case you don’t use the VPN, then simply contact your VPN provider and confirm if it has UDP function and how to organize it.
And if they won’t have a UDP (User Datagram Protocol) then simply switch to a different VPN provider.
Modify Your Firewall & Antivirus Settings
Many users confirmed, modifying the firewall & antivirus software settings and allowing Discord for outgoing connections works for them. So, it is indeed worthy to try disabling these security programs as it is expected Discord is blocked from connecting to voice channel by any of them. And it results in “Discord No Route error” in Windows.
So, check if the antivirus is blocking the Discord for outgoing connections, if so then you need to change your antivirus settings. Well, the steps may differ as per your antivirus, so make sure to consult the antivirus support center to know the right steps to do so.
And now to allow Discord in the Windows 10 Firewall, follow the steps given below.
- First, click on the Windows Start menu > click Settings > click Update & Security
- Then click on Windows Defender or Windows Security from the options.
- And click on the Firewall & Network Protection.
- Now from the options listed below the Firewall & Network Protection window > Allow an app through firewall.
- Next, in the appeared window, click on Change Settings box at the right side as shown in the below image.
- And scroll down till you locate Discord and tick the box left side of Discord > and tick the Private box.
Now try to load Discord and join voice channel and check if Discord stuck on connecting voice or not and the “No Route” error is resolved or not.
If the error is fixed then well and good but if not then simply head to next solution
Disable Discord Quality of Service High Packet Priority
Try disabling Quality of Service High Packet Priority under the Discord’s User Settings as this works for many users to fix “Discord No Route” Error in Windows 10.
Well, this feature is intended to push the modem or router into emphasizing Discord data packets for maximizing voice channel qualities and performance.
But, some of the devices and ISPs stumble with these requests and result in displaying errors and No Route error in Discord is one of them.
So follow the steps given below:
- Launch Discord on your PC and scroll down to App Settings > click on Voice & Video.
- And under Quality of Service > click on the toggle to Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority for disabling it.
Re-launch the Discord client and check if Discord No Route error is resolved or not. But if it won’t work, then head to the next solution.
Change the Server’s Voice Region
Might be you are not aware that Discord servers are linked to a specific server region. If only you alone are perceiving No Route on Discord error when attempting to connect to a fellow being on a distinct region, the problem is most likely occurring because the voice region on your server is different from your geographical location.
To fix the error in such circumstances you need to request the server admin to set an alternative voice region from the server settings. If you are Admin then follow these steps to alter the settings:
- Login to the Discord.
- Click on the Server. Once the menu will open click on the Server Settings.
- Under the Server Settings window, click on the Overview to see the server name and its region.
- Click on the Change button.
- Select a Server near to your geographical location.
Check with your Network Admin
If you are using Discord on a public network like school, library or airports then there are quite possible chances that you may face this No Route error on Discord.
And if this is the case then you need to check with the network admin if Discord is blocked over the network you are connected with. To fix the issue follow these steps:
- Press Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type Control Panel and click Enter to open the Control Panel.
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center and click on it.
- You will see a list of the active networks, locate the one that has Internet and click on the hyperlink.
- A dialog box displaying your connection status will appear and click on the Properties in that dialog box.
- From the connection properties window locate and select the Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4). Click on the Properties button.
- Now select the option Use the following DNS server addresses and type 18.104.22.168 in the Preferred DNS Server text box and type 22.214.171.124 in the Alternate DNS Server text box.
- Uncheck the option Validate settings upon exit and click on the OK button.
- Close all the windows and restart your computer to check for the error.
Renew Your IP Address
As we have discussed in the post that the Dynamic IP changing regularly is also one of the reasons behind this issue. So if your system is configured to use DHCP then you have to change this. Here is the process to renew your IP address:
- Press Ctrl+R and type cmd to open the command prompt.
- Type the command ipconfig/release and press Enter. Doing so will release the IP address assigned by the DHCP server.
- In order to assign a new IP address type the command ipconfig/renew and press Enter.
- Now your IP address has been renewed and check for the error.
Uninstall the third-party Antivirus Program
Well, if none of the above-given solutions worked for you then uninstall the third-party antivirus program on your Windows computer.
As the third-party antivirus program may prevent Discord from sustaining Outgoing Connections. First, try to disable the antivirus and check if the problem is fixed. But if this, won’t work for you then uninstall your antivirus software entirely and check if Discord No Route in Windows error message is fixed.
Follow the steps to uninstall the antivirus:
- First, in the Windows search box > type Control and open Control Panel.
- Then on the upper right corner > set View by Category > click on Programs section > then Uninstall a Program
- And scroll down to find your installed antivirus software and then right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to uninstall the third-party antivirus program completely from your PC/laptop.
- And lastly, restart your computer
It is expected now the Discord keeps disconnecting or Discord connecting loop problem is fixed. And you are able to connect to voice channels and the Discord RTC Connecting No Route error is fixed.
Well, here my job is done and now it’s your turn to read the article and follow the fixes given to resolve the “No Route” error on Discord. I tried my best to list down the complete fixes to resolve the Discord No Route error and failed to connect to voice server problems as well.
Make sure to follow the fixes given carefully to avoid further issues.
It is estimated the article works for you to fix Discord RTC Connecting No Route error in Windows. If you are having any queries, suggestions, or might that I missed out then feel free to share with us on our Facebook page.
We love to hear from you. Also, keep visiting our site to learn more interesting how-to tutorials.