Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration happens when the occurrence of conflict in modem or router Network Interface Card (NIC). In this situation, the Internet cable is unable to receive a valid IP address. To speak in detail, you require a valid IP address to connect your computer to an internet router to function over the internet.
It’s common that many people facing the issue. We are here to provide you information related to invalid IP configuration and solutions to fix the problem.
- 1 Various Issues of Invalid IP configuration
- 2 Closing Words: Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration
Various Issues of Invalid IP configuration
You can go through the various issues that you can face related to invalid IP configuration.
- Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration: It means the router or the system is having some issues. You need to follow the simple solutions provided here to fix the invalid IP configuration problem.
- The power line issue is also common and many people face an issue with it. However, the power line adapter users come across the issue.
- In case the Ethernet is not configured properly, you may come across the issue. You need to make changes to the configuration of the router to fix the problem.
- The invalid IP query and the unidentified network error is also related to the invalid IP configuration. You can try out the same solutions listed here one by one until you fix the issue.
- The invalid connection also comes under invalid IP configuration. You need to adjust the IP configuration to fix the issues related to it.
- The invalid config is the issue related to the inconsistencies of the network configuration. You need to concentrate and make some changes to the configuration to fix the issue.
- Sometimes, you may come across the invalid IP address error message that is due to the conflicts in IP address. You have to make necessary corrections in the router configuration to fix the issue.
- In some of the situations, your router has some problems that the Wi-Fi works well but the Ethernet connection has a problem. You can try the below-given solutions, if the problem persists, you need to change the cable.
- The computers or laptops have connectivity problems through Ethernet and the Wi-Fi of the router is working fine. You need to check the cable and the connectivity ports of the laptop and router. However, initially check the configuration of the router in your computer to connect the Ethernet perfectly.
Note: In most cases, the issue is with the Ethernet and the Wi-Fi connectivity works fine. In meanwhile, until and unless correcting the IP configuration and Ethernet issues, you can use the internet via Wi-Fi.
What is IP Configuration?
Through IP Network, the Internet protocol address (IP) allows the communication between devices communicating over the Internet. You have to set the values of the network configuration TCP/IP. The DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) and DNS (Domain Name System) settings are to be configured correctly to avoid configuration errors.
How to Fix Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration?
You have to go through all solutions as one of the solutions may help you to fix the invalid IP configuration issue.
Restarting your computer is nothing but a fast startup. The restart feature is designed loading settings from cache or system memory to reduce startup and boot time. In most of the situations related to invalid IP, the configuration is due to system files loading problem.
On simple restart of your system is simple, if the issue is due to file loading issues. But, if the issue is due to an error in router configuration or some other. You need to continue to the next solutions to fix the Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
You need to check the cables, connections, and all. However, Switch off and switch ON the modem. In some situations, rebooting modem will help to fix the invalid IP configuration.
Assigning of IP address is automatic by the router unless you prefer to change settings to choose IP address manually. You have to set the automatic IP address configuration. The internet properties must be configured manually to fix the Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration issue.
- Open Run window on clicking Windows + R key.
- Enter ncpa.cpl and tap on the ok button.
- Now, go to the Ethernet connection icon or local area connection (name varies from system to system), right-click, and tap on the properties.
- Tap on the internet protocol v4 as shown in figure and tap on the properties.
- On the new window, choose to obtain an IP address automatically and obtain the address of DNS server automatically options.
- Finally, click on the OK button. Now, restart your system and look at whether the issue is resolved or not.
Reset Network Settings
You have to reset network settings because existing network conflicts cause the invalid IP configuration. On flushing DNS server and socket, reset helps to come out of the issue Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
- Go to start.
- Type command prompt, tap & right-click on cmd, and choose run as administrator option.
- You have to type the following commands and click on the enter button after each command to execute it.
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset
- You have to restart your computer.
- Go to control panel.
- Navigate to network and internet, network & sharing center, and click on the adapter settings option to change it.
- Now, on the window, right-click on the Ethernet or local area connection icon, and choose disable.
- Next, follow the same procedure and choose Enable.
- Finally, restart your system. Hope, you can connect to the internet without any issues.
Most of the computers and laptops are configured to use IPV4 connectivity. However, the IPV6 automatic connectivity may cause conflict. If the cause is due to IPV4 and IPV6 connectivity conflict, you should disable IPV6 connectivity to fix the issue.
- You have to right-click on the network icon present on the taskbar.
- Choose network & sharing center settings.
- On the new window, choose adapter settings to change.
- You need to right-click on the Ethernet icon and choose properties option.
- Navigate to IPV 6, and uncheck it.
- Choose Ok button.
- Now, restart your system and check whether the issue Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
Closing Words: Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration
Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration is explained in detail along with solutions to fix it. In case of doubts or queries, you can get in touch with us through the comments section. You can follow our social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc to not miss any of the updates regarding our posts.