Before coming to how to fix d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found errors, we have to understand what is this d3dx9_42.dll term and what is the error related to your system. You will get many errors in these terms as d3dx9_42.dll is missing or d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your computer or d3dx9_42.dll download. To fix all these missing or not found errors, keep reading.
What is d3dx9_42.dll missing error?
Windows DirectX is the reason for all these issues of d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found errors. DirectX is one of the Windows programs which is written and designed for games and applications. Many times this error occurs while playing video games or sometimes in many other Windows DirectX issues. The messages that got displayed on the screen can be any one of the below.
“This application has declined to begin because d3dx9_42.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
“The program can’t begin because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your machine. Try reinstalling the program to correct this problem.”
“Can’t find d3dx9_42.dll. Please, re-install this application.”
“d3dx9_42.dll not found.”
“d3dx9_42.dll is missing.”
“The file d3dx9_42.dll is missing.”
“d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your device.”
“d3dx9_42.dll download, file not found.”
If you are getting any of the above messages displayed on your Windows system, you should try to reinstall the file in the system because there is something wrong with the installation and with the file. Also, you need to update the Windows DirectX and the related Graphics Processing Unit-GPU as part of fixing this issue.
This d3dx9_42.dll issue may get affected in any of the following Microsoft OS’s (Operating Systems) as they are binding the software that includes DirectX that improves gaming performances.
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- In Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- In Windows 8
- Windows 10
Solutions to fix the d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found error
If you are employing any of the above-operating systems and getting these issues, then you should fix this issue by following the below-given solutions as soon as possible as it affects the performance of the computer. There are many solutions to this issue, and we are providing the best solutions in the below lines to this problem.
#1: Update Windows DirectX
“Update the Windows DirectX in your Windows OS enabled system.”
You can upgrade the ‘Windows DirectX’ version in your windows system/computer to its latest version to fix the d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found errors.
- Windows 10
- In Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
If you are working with any of the above OS on your computer, you can upgrade your DirectX version to the latest one directly by using the system upgrade option. And, if you are using any other operating systems like Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other you need to install the latest update of DirectX on your computer.
You can go to the official website of Microsoft to get more information regarding how to install the latest DirectX version on your Windows system to fix this d3dx9_42.dll error. After updating the DirectX and installing it, restart the computer and try to open the same file, by which you are getting the d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found error in your system.
#2: Download and install d3dx9_42.dll
If d3dx9_42.dll file is missing or not found on your Windows computer, you can restore the missing d3dx9_42.dll file in your computer. You can also use the DLL-files.com client for the help in the getting d3dx9_42.dll file. This client will fix your problem in one click. Follow the below steps to get the d3dx9_42.dll file.
- Download and install the DLL-files.com client on your computer and run it.
- In the application, you will find the search bar. Just enter “d3dx9_42.dll” in the box and click on the “Search DLL file” button.
- Click on ‘d3dx9_42.dll’ in the results of this search. Initially, download it on your computer.
- Open the downloaded d3dx9_42.dll file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Now you can see that d3dx9_42.dll missing problem has fixed by checking the files you tried to open before.
#3: Install the DirectX end-user runtimes to fix the d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found error
To fix d3dx9_42.dll not found or missing error, you can install the package of DirectX by following the below-given steps carefully.
- Go to the Windows End-User runtimes download website/page.
- Select the language and click on the “Download” button.
- After the completion of the download, install and run it.
- Now, restart the computer.
You can see that the file that had shown error before will not show again. Otherwise, you have to check another solution for getting your problem cleared.
#4:Copy d3dx9_42.dll file from another computer
You can fix the d3dx9_42.dll error by copying the same file with which you are getting the error, from the other computer and paste that fail again on your system. Understand the steps given here to make the process successful.
- Find the computer that is running with the same operating system of Windows, and with successful running DirectX.
- Open the “File Explorer” on that computer by searching it on the ‘Cortana search bar’ or by pressing “Win+E” on the keyboard.
- Then get into the given path: C://Windows/System32
- In the above-given path folder, copy the d3dx9_42.dll file there from the other computer and paste the copied file to the same path folder in your Windows computer [You can do the copying and pasting the file by using any external disks].
- Now launch the program, the error won’t get displayed again.
#5: Re-install Program or Application to fix the d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found error
The problem might not be in your file, but in the system file while installing the application. So, try to reinstall the application on your system again to fix the d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found errors. To do so, follow our simple steps shown below.
- Press “Win+R” keys on your keyboard.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” and click the “OK” button.
- You have to right-click on the application file, which had shown the error earlier.
- Now try to uninstall the file.
After uninstalling the file, restart the computer and reinstall the application program and run it. All the above solutions will work for the d3dx9_42.dll missing or not found error accordingly to your specified application files.
We hope, the above solutions had helped you to fix the d3dx9_42.dll missing error or not found errors. In case, if you have any doubts, get in touch with us through the comments section. We will revert to your queries with appropriate solutions. You can follow us through Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn to stay tuned with our latest posts and tutorials.