Are you facing the “iCloud Lock” issue in an iPhone? Don’t panic. You have landed on the right platform. In this guide, I will show you how to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone. Keep reading to know all the possible solutions to remove the iCloud activation lock.
What is the iCloud Activation lock?
While designing the iPhone and iPad, Apple has incorporated iCloud activation lock into its iOS system for security purposes. If your iPhone is stolen or lost, “Find my iPhone” service will safeguard your iPhone. The mobile device will show the “iCloud lock screen” and ask the user for credentials to open it. If you will not enter proper details, you can’t use the iPhone. If you had purchased iPhone or iPad from an authorized store, you will not be facing the issue. But, if it is purchased online, the iCloud activation lock can stop you from using the iPhone.
How to check if your device is activation locked?
Before purchasing the used device you must take care of some checks. The best thing to do is check for the activation lock before you pay for the device. To check the activation lock follow these steps:
- Turn ON the device and if you are asked to enter the passcode, face ID, or fingerprint then it means that the device has not been reset back to factory defaults.
You can ask the owner or seller to do the following before you pay them:
- Unlock the device.
- Click Settings ➤ General ➤ Reset ➤ Erase All Content and Settings.
- A pop-up will ask for the Apple ID and password to do this and finally press Ok to confirm.
➤If the seller is unable to unlock the device then you should not purchase that device.
➤The other thing you must check if the device is stolen. A stolen device is most likely to have an activation lock.
➤You can always find out the stolen history of that device using the Stolen Phone Checker. It is a free online tool (For U.S.A. consumers only) that helps you check. It will request the IMEI number of the device.
If you have purchased the device already before reading this guide, then there are ways to bypass the iCloud Activation lock. If you want to know the procedure, here it is:
How to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone and iPad Running iOS 13, 12, or 11?
Before going to the process of iCloud Activation lock I would like to tell you something:
Which iPhone and iPad device support Activation lock?
After so many theft cases of iPhone, Apple introduced a new feature “Activation Lock” with iOS 7. So, any device running on iOS 7 or later such as iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X(All variants), and iPhone 11(All variants) along with pretty much any iPad will support this feature.
Can you Jailbreak any Device to remove iCloud Lock?
Some sources claim that iCloud lock can be removed by jailbreaking it. But it is not so. It is totally a myth and I request you to not pay attention to such rumors. However, by jailbreaking you can tweak only some functionalities of your device or customize it up to some extent. Moreover, it is not so much popular as of today as it used to before.
Now let us see the methods to bypass iCloud Activation Lock:
How to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone?
I personally did a lot of research and steps to fix this error. At last, I came to the conclusion that iCloud Activation can be bypassed and the same methods I am going to share with you in this guide.
Ask the Original Owner to Remove iCloud Activation lock
If are not the first owner of the device then you can take help from the original owner to unlock the device. You need not visit the owner for this, the unlocking process can be performed remotely also. If the original owner has forgotten the iCloud login details then here are the steps to recover the login credentials:
- For this, the owner needs to remember his Apple id (email address).
- Now visit Apple’s official site to recover the password and then enter the Apple id and press Continue.
- Enter the contact number to receive OTP.
- Click “Show” in the notification which appears on your Mac.
- Choose any one option from these to reset the password:
By answering security questions
To reset it via email
To reset it using two-factor authentication
- Follow the on-screen wizard to reset the password.
Once the login credentials are ready then follow these steps to unlock the device:
- Go to the official website of iCloud. And enter your Apple id (email address) and password.
- Now click on the Account Settings option.
- Navigate to the option My Devices and select the device which you want to remove.
- Click on the ‘x’ button in front of the device name to remove the device.
- A pop-up will be there to ask for the confirmation. Click Remove.
Bypass iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone with DNS method
*Insert your sim card inside the iPhone. This method works only when the sim card is inserted.
Step 1. In your iPhone or iPad, select your respective country and language.
Step 2. Your iPhone should not be connected to the internet. In the Wi-Fi settings, select “i” letter near to the list of Wi-Fi networks and select “Forget this Network”.
Step 3. Select the “i” icon and then tap the “DNS” option. Enter any of the below options according to your location.
- USA / North America: 184.108.40.206
- Europe: 220.127.116.11
- Asia: 18.104.22.168
- Rest of the world: 22.214.171.124
Step 4. On the top left corner of the screen, you will find the Back > option. Just click it.
Step 5. Now, choose your network.
Step 6. Enter your Wi-Fi password and then click on the Join button. You will be prompted to go to the next page. Do not go to the next page. Select the “Back” option.
Step 7. You will see the iCloud Bypass screen now. If the screen doesn’t appear, there are chances that the server in the DNS is down. So go back, follow the steps again. Select another DNS address and check if it works.
Step 8. Then, scroll down to hit the menu option on the bottom of the screen. Now you can access apps, camera, music, videos, games and many more. This is a free method to bypass the iCloud activation lock on your iPhone or iPad.
Bypass iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone or iPad using iTunes
For this method, “Find my iPhone” option must be turned off on your device.
- Download customized iTunes backup without iCloud.
- Connect your device to your desktop and open iTunes.
- Find the “Manually Backup and Restore” option in iTunes and select the “Backup Up Now” option.
- In your iPhone go to Settings -> General -> Reset. Then select the ‘Erase All Content and Settings” option. Enter the passcode and press ok.
- After the reset is done, go to your iTunes on your desktop and select the “Restore Backup” option.
- Reboot your iPhone. This method will bypass the iCloud activation lock on your iPhone or iPad.
Bypass iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone online
There are many online websites which can perform iCloud unlock task. Official iPhone Unlock is one of the popular iPhone unlock website which can bypass iCloud activation lock.
Step 1. Go to the “Official iPhone Unlock” website, click “iCloud Unlock”.
Step 2. Select your iPhone model and enter the IMEI code. Then, make the payment to unlock your device in just 1 to 3 days.
This is an easy method to bypass the iCloud activation lock.
How to Bypass iCloud Activation with a tool
To bypass the iCloud activation lock, there are only a few tools available. The most recommended tool is ‘iCloud activation bypass tool version 1.4’, which we can use on both iPhone and iPad. The tool is very easy to use. Let’s find out how to use the tool to bypass the iCloud activation lock.
- Search online and download the tool. Install on your desktop.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your system via USB cable. Launch the tool.
- Your device will be scanned now by the tool. It will also read the IMEI number of your device.
- Click the ‘Bypass Activation Lock’ option and wait. The tool will use your IMEI number and connect it to the respective Apple server. Then, it will delete the iCloud account linked to the device.
- Once the entire process is complete, remove your device and reboot it. Now, the iCloud activation lock will be permanently removed.
Use any of the above methods and check if you could bypass the iCloud activation lock. Alternatively, you can contact the original owner of the device and ask him or her to unlock the iCloud lock. If you have proper transfer documents, you can also directly contact the Apple Store and ask them to unlock the iCloud lock on your device. If you feel this article helpful please like, share, and follow our Facebook page and keep visiting our website for such tutorials and how-to guides.