Hey, are you facing Bad Pool Header error? Windows OS comes with ample of features, that are great, but alongside some errors make the users annoyed and one of such is the ‘error 0x00000019’. If you found such error on your PC, it means you have encountered a Bad Pool Header error, you can fix it efficiently. Well, we have the easiest method to resolve this issue. But, before heading towards the solutions, let’s see what is Windows Bad Pool Header?
What is Windows Bad Pool Header error code 0x00000019?
Sometimes the situation becomes quite worse when the system crashes amid the mid of the work and if the issue ‘Bad Pool Header Windows Blue Screen’ arises, then it really becomes annoying to fix the same. If you are not sure about the error which you are facing, just be confirm from the error value of 0x00000019 or check below the screen that shows how the Bad Pool Header error looks like in the Windows operating system. If you are receiving such an error message, that means your system is having pool header error and can be caused due to different reasons. I think the blue screen of death errors is the worst part a Windows user ever faces. Among which, Bad Pool Header is the most frequent BSOD error nowadays. It can be seen randomly in versions of Windows but from recent stats, it is found that many Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 users have faced the BAD_POOL_HEADER problem and reported about it.
Hardware and software faults are the major reasons behind this error. The installation of any incompatible application or anti-virus on your system or laptops causes this error. Before fixing this error, if we can find the possible reason behind it, then the fixing part becomes much easier. The reason can be any driver update, Windows update or any hardware replacements, etc. So, once you are able to find out the reason for it, then you are almost done.
Before heading towards the solution, let’s explore the reason behind the issue.
What are the possible causes for Error Code 0x00000019 (Bad Pool Header) in Windows 7?
Windows Bad Pool Header arises when the computer fails to allocate memory. In brief, Pool is recognized as Memory Pool whose prime aim is to allocate memory and the Header monitor the Pool and examine the values. So, if the duo fails to run smoothly, then ‘Bad Pool Head Error Windows’ BSOD arises. The efficiency of the Header and Pool depends upon a few factors and if they fail to run, then an error will appear on your screen.
- Failure of RAM Module
- Installation of corrupt software
- Outdated drivers
- Installed Antivirus which does not fulfill the requirement of the OS
Now, you came to know about the actual reason behind the issue and your current task is to fix the issue with an effective solution which is listed below. So, let’s begin the journey and execute the process carefully.
How to fix ‘Windows Bad Pool Header Erro code 0x00000019′?
To fix this error, you need to restart the system and in most cases, it disappears but in few cases, it started appearing again. Here we recommend restarting your PC in Safe Mode then follow these simple and effective steps to fix this error:
1] Use the Memory Diagnostic Tool to test the RAM
RAM Memory is the prime cause behind this issue, so our first task is to test the RAM and then if any fault appears, then we will fix the same. Well, if you are not a techie, then don’t worry; the Windows will help you out with the inbuilt tool ‘Windows Memory Diagnostic’. Now, go through the detailed solution listed below. Faulty RAM is the prime cause behind an error 0x00000019, so let’s start with this using Memory Diagnostic Tool and it is an inbuilt tool that tests the RAM and will resolve the issue.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Windows Memory Diagnostic’ in the search bar
- After getting the search result, select Windows Memory Diagnostic, right-click on it and choose an option ‘Run as administrator’.
- Thereafter, a pop-up will appear which will feature two options, click on ‘Restart now and check for problems’.
Now, wait for sometimes as Windows Memory Diagnostic will take time to deliver the report. If the report is positive, it means RAM error found, then go for the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.
However, if the report is negative, means no error found then go for the below-mentioned solutions to fix the issue.
2] Check for the Corrupt Software to fix the error code 0x00000019 Bad Pool Header
If you have installed any software which is not certified then remove it instantly as this may hamper the system memory and let to an issue ‘Windows Bad Pool Header’. After uninstalling anti-malware software, restart your computer. To uninstall the software, follow the steps.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Control Panel’. You can also press short key Win+x+p to open Control Panel quickly.
- Now, click on ‘Programs’ and soon you will discover the list of applications installed on your computer.
- Your job is to find out the anti-malware software and then click on the ‘Uninstall’ button, located at the top of the page.
- That’s it; now the Windows will complete the process and for the support, just follow the instructions.
3] Turn Window Search from Automatic to Disable Mode to fix the error 0x00000019 Bad Pool Header
Window Search is an inbuilt service provided by Microsoft which collects the index of the files to enhance the search speed. But, if it is corrupted or damaged, then it will cause STOP 0x00000019 error. So, to resolve the same, you will have to disable the Windows Search.
- Press Windows and R keys together to open a Run box. Now, type ‘services.msc’ in the box and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Thereafter service page will appear which will show the list of the index.
- Select ‘Window Search’ and then right-click on it to get additional options.
- From the featured options, select ‘Stop’.
- After completing the above process, double-click on ‘Window Search’ to access its properties.
- Move to ‘Startup type’ and select disable from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on the ‘Apply’ button to make the changes. That’s it; now restart your computer to check the error 0x00000019.
4] Turn Fast Startup in Disable Mode to fix the error 0x00000019 Bad Pool Header
Fast Startup is a process that restarts the computer in a faster way and it also acts as a bridge between the shutdown and restart process, so turning it in disable mode will fix the bad pool header windows 7 error. The process is simple and the detailed steps are listed below.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu, type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and press the ‘Enter’ key. You can also open the Control Panel directly by pressing Win+X+P keys together.
- Thereafter, a Control Panel page will appear which will feature the computer settings, move to ‘Power Options’.
- Soon you will find a list of options at the left end of the page, click on an option ‘Choose what the power button does’.
- A new pop-up window will appear which will enable you to make changes in the power settings, click on ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’.
- Move to ‘Shutdown settings’ and uncheck the box ‘Turn on fast startup (recommended)’.
- Now restart your computer.
5] Disable Antivirus
Sometimes, Antivirus blocks the system memory and won’t allow them to run smoothly and due to this ‘Windows Bad Pool Header’ issue arises. So, if this is the case, then disable the antivirus you are using and then restart your computer. This time, you won’t get any kind of error.
6] Update Driver to fix the error 0x00000019 Bad Pool Header
In this process, you will have to manually update all the drivers and the process for the same are listed below.
- Open the ‘Run’ box by pressing the Windows and R keys together. Type msc in the Run box and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Thereafter, you will get the Device Manager page where you can update the driver.
- Select Disk Drives, click on the arrow button to get the list of drivers.
- Now select the driver, right-click on it and choose ‘Update Driver’.
- After completing the above task, repeat for all the drivers and then restart your computer.
7] Ensure the disk is error-free to fix the error code 0x00000019 Bad Pool Header
- Open ‘This PC’, you can do it directly or can access the same from the File Explorer.
- Select the Drive, right-click on it and then choose an option ‘Properties’.
- Thereafter, you will get some tabs located at the top of the page, click on ‘Tools’.
- The tools section will feature the ‘Error checking’ option and beneath the same, you will get a check button, click on it.
- After clicking on the check button, a pop-up window will appear asking for scanning the drive, click on ‘Scan Drive’.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
8] Check the Hardware
If the hardware is damaged or failed to respond then the issue may arise. So, you will have to ensure all the peripherals attached to the computer are in working conditions and for that, turn off your computer and then remove the peripheral one by one so that you can check which hardware is creating trouble. If found the one, then either repair it or replace the same.
9] How to fix Windows Bad Pool Header error code 0x00000019 by Removing External Peripherals
The external hardware that is connected to your computer, such as USB drive, external hard disk, etc may be responsible for an issue. So, to fix the same, remove all the external components that are attached to the computer and then restart your computer.
These above methods will resolve your issue ‘Windows Bad Pool Header’ issue. However, if you fail to accomplish the task, then don’t get annoyed, just contact us for the advanced solution. We will remotely access your computer and will fix the issue within a short span of time. Our team is composed of experienced geeks and they work around the clock for the support of the users so you can approach anytime as per your convenience. If you feel this article helpful please like, share and follow our facebook page and keep visiting our website for such tutorials.